Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Medium

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Lacking A Lot

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Nice car man. I normally hate cars, with the exception of almost any Supra, and the 300zx. If I could see the pictures in the first posts I would comment on the stereo too, but I don't know what's going on.

Cant remember if I mentioned it in the original post, but one of the reasons I refer to the amp area as 'semi-finished' is because the carpet blows, lol. There is a place 20 mins from birmingham that can do custom molded carpet; but I want to do a little more shaping behind the carpet before I pay to get something nice made.
Haven't met him. He lurks on supraforums sometimes, but I havent heard anything from him since he had some horrible wreck (think he almost killed his passenger, or he may have).
yeah, he's locked up I think still. My Gramma lives in Birmingham. I never visited her. Closest I ever been was Montgomery.

I asked about little Hulk because I believe they live in FLA I believe and he was big into his Supra.

Sweet car though. Just take your time and it will turn out. I figured you would have muscled it out before doing the audio part.

That's better. Thanks for re-posting the pictures.

That system is looking good for sure. Those Focals are the best part of the system. Bet they sound amazing.

That's better. Thanks for re-posting the pictures.
That system is looking good for sure. Those Focals are the best part of the system. Bet they sound amazing.
I love them. Not counting the sub enclosure, I spent more than 2x as much on the front stage than the sub stage; lol, that shows where my priorities lie. Unfortunately the sub enclosure was expensive as ****, but there are no other options for a good thick 100% fiberglass enclosure that allows the targa top to still fit in the back of the car, keep the spare tire, and allow the rear seat to still fit if I ever want to put it back.

Nice ride mang! Always been a fan, but Auto FTL! Got to be stick for me anyway, but still nice!

System looks straight as well, but hows come you don't like the tweets? Might need to adjust them more or angle them a different way. I would just try some different things.

Overall, looks and betcha sounds killer! Keep it safe!

Nice ride mang! Always been a fan, but Auto FTL! Got to be stick for me anyway, but still nice!
System looks straight as well, but hows come you don't like the tweets? Might need to adjust them more or angle them a different way. I would just try some different things.

Overall, looks and betcha sounds killer! Keep it safe!
I wish it was manual, mainly because the 6-spd getrag tranny is near indestructible, but as far as 90's auto transmissions go, its very nice. I would be in for a 6-spd swap, but seeing as that is 8-12k in parts, it will be a while.

Focal did a major 'rework' with their speaker lineup in the past year. Previous to that, they only have a few different tweeters, almost all of which were great. Now they have a bunch more. Technically, my speakers, the 165VR's, are only middle of the road quality as far as focal goes, so they got some of the inferior newer tweeters (though they arnt the worst). Most of the time they sound good, but they can get a little harsh. The woofers are exceptional, and a few guys in the industry have had wonderful results swapping in the TN-52 tweeters from some of the nicer speakers in K2 line.

Not to many options as far as mounting and angling goes. There isnt another spot anywhere on the door panel I can put them (where they are now is best anyway), the OE positions are terrible, and they would be way to harsh if I pointed them towards me more. If I had nicer ones I might modify the pillars to accept a tweeter pod, but that would be RIGHT in my face.

On a side note, I have decided I would give my left nut for one or two of these and and another FP 2.75 or a 2.150. Too bad thats about $1500 from an UNAUTHORIZED dealer....wow. I may have to settle for som old JL 6w0's, lol.

13WS_frame.jpg
Focal Utopia BE 13 WS

Type: 5" Subwoofer

Cone: Multilayer composite sandwich

Nominal Power Handling: 75W

Maximum Power Handling: 150W

Sensitivity: (2.83V/ 1m) 88dB

Frequency Response: (+/ -3dB)

36Hz - 200Hz

Application:

.25 to 0.5 CF3 Sealed Enclosure

Impedance: 4 Ohm

Nice choice in woofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The JL I have in the car or the focal pictured above im drooling over the idea of?

I actually may pick up a Focal Utopia 5ws. They were really popular in the pro-sq crowd a while back (6-8 of them used as a main sub stage). Its a 5in 75w rms sub (150w max), which im hoping might add just enough mid/high bass to the front stage. It would be centrally mounted (between the drivers and passengers seat at 'mid torso level' pointing towards the dash).

I forgot to mention it, but there are two layers of fatmat on the door skins (cant see it in any of the pics), all you can see in the pics are a few random pieces on other parts in the door. I need to add a third layer, but it needs something more.
What do you have to separate the front and rear of the speaker? Fromt he pics, it looks like you put the deadener in, put the weather gasket in, and then put the speaker bracket on. If you isolated the front and rear of the speaker in the door, you'd probably get a much better response.

What do you have to separate the front and rear of the speaker? Fromt he pics, it looks like you put the deadener in, put the weather gasket in, and then put the speaker bracket on. If you isolated the front and rear of the speaker in the door, you'd probably get a much better response.
I know, but there is VERY little room to work with. The door panel fits the door-frame like a glove in most places, and there isnt enough backspacing to make an enclosure. Ill have to think on it...there might be room for a fiberglass 'shield'.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...