880PRS aux question

Chowder Head
10+ year member

Tampa, FL
Hey guys, I finally fired up my first system today and not only am I pleased to see everything works. I was also very impressed at the 880PRS. Quite a sexy unit!

I just had one question. For those that have this head unit, or just know, is it possible to use the front aux for a portable MP3 player while having the faceplate stay closed?

I can plug in my Zune using a reducer plug but I can only access it with the faceplate open. Is there anyway around this or am I stuck? I'm thinking no but I'd just like to make sure.

Thanks!

I just had one question. For those that have this head unit, or just know, is it possible to use the front aux for a portable MP3 player while having the faceplate stay closed?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

There is no FRONT aux on that particular headunit. That's aux "port" is for the Auto TA&EQ mic.

I can plug in my Zune using a reducer plug but I can only access it with the faceplate open. Is there anyway around this or am I stuck? I'm thinking no but I'd just like to make sure.
See my previous answer... There should be an aux port on the backside with 3.5mm plug.

Your welcome.

As stated above, that is a microphone port for the Auto T/A.

Get the IPBus Aux Input adapter cable and use the one on the back of the unit. I ran mine under the carpet and under my center console.

you shouldn't need the IP Bus adapter, I believe on that unit there is a standard 3.5 mm jack on the back. If you want to have two aux's you can run both but who wants to do that.

you shouldn't need the IP Bus adapter, I believe on that unit there is a standard 3.5 mm jack on the back. If you want to have two aux's you can run both but who wants to do that.
If there is I missed it while installing mine.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

If there is I missed it while installing mine.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I don't think there is. If so, I also missed it.

Why would there be an AUX kit available...?

I don't think there is. If so, I also missed it.

Why would there be an AUX kit available...?
Because some Head Units....like lower end models and older models do not have the direct AUX input like those of today. So for those units there is an adapter for the Pioneer Specific P-Bus cable.

Hey guys, I finally fired up my first system today and not only am I pleased to see everything works. I was also very impressed at the 880PRS. Quite a sexy unit!

Thanks!
The front aux port on mine is very insensitive and does not sound all that great.

If you buy the Pioneer plug for the rear($10. off Ebay), that sounds good.

Plus the front needs that stupid mini (2.5mm)plug.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifThere is no FRONT aux on that particular headunit. That's aux "port" is for the Auto TA&EQ mic.
Actually it is an auxiliary port; I've plugged my friend's MP3 player into it and successfully gotten music to play through it just fine.

It's not a 3.5mm plug though, I think it's a 2.5mm plug. Just enable aux (I think it may be aux2 in the menu, instead of aux1) and you can use it.

The front aux port on mine is very insensitive and does not sound all that great.
If you buy the Pioneer plug for the rear($10. off Ebay), that sounds good.

Plus the front needs that stupid mini (2.5mm)plug.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
$10 you say? Would you happen to know a part number or a link to one?

And yeah, the manual says the 2.5mm plug in the front is AUX 1. I did see a 3.5mm plug in the back, but I believe that's for a wired remote or something. However, the unit is placed all the way in, so I could just plug an aux cable there for the hell of it and see what happens.

Lastly, for the IP bus connectors, I see a lot of them have RCA cables. How are these supposed to be used? My MP3 player just has a aux jack, and nothing to plug the RCA cables into.

Thanks again guys.

WTF to everyone saying that the front isn't an AUX input. It is and I have used it with my iPod many times. 3.5mm to 2.5mm wire and you are good to go. I personally don't like to use iPod as it don't give off as good of sound, but nice to know you have it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifThere is no FRONT aux on that particular headunit. That's aux "port" is for the Auto TA&EQ mic.

See my previous answer... There should be an aux port on the backside with 3.5mm plug.

Your welcome.
yes there is, its on the bottom of the faceplate, and its 2.5mm

i think some dash kits have that extra trim piece that makes the radio stick out about 1/2 inch more.

i had mine like that, but i didnt like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.