8" sub suggestion

Jrobison918

Oklahoma
This is one of my first posts so I'll take this opportunity to say hi to everyone. I'm Josh. Anyway, I'm helping out with a project that will be for 2 8" subwoofers ported in around 1.5 cubes altogether. Looking for suggestions. The only ones I was able to offer was the DC M3 and the Sundown SA. They are just looking for old fashioned SQL. Wattage will be between 1500 and 2000 rms. Would love to hear about all your preferences and experiences with these 8's. Thanks in advance, guys!

I think DD's may be out of the price range. Are you talking Fi X? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've been out of the game since like 2008 haha.
DD cost just as much as what you are looking at. The 608 would be very comparable.

Sundown X8 but they are hard to come by and priced high for what you get.

Sundown SA8

Sundown X8

Skar VVX8

Skar MA8

Skar ZVX8

American Bass XD8

American Bass VFL 8

JL Audio 8W7

CT Sounds Meso 8

DC Audio M3 8

Crossfire C7 8

Digital Designs SW2508

Digital Designs 2508

Digital Designs 1508

Massive Audio Hippo 8

Soundqubed HDS208

Image Dynamics IDQ8

Alpine Type R 8

Cadence S2W8

All of these are great 8s

Sundown SA8Sundown X8

Skar VVX8

Skar MA8

Skar ZVX8

American Bass XD8

American Bass VFL 8

JL Audio 8W7

CT Sounds Meso 8

DC Audio M3 8

Crossfire C7 8

Digital Designs SW2508

Digital Designs 2508

Digital Designs 1508

Massive Audio Hippo 8

Soundqubed HDS208

Image Dynamics IDQ8

Alpine Type R 8

Cadence S2W8

this is the list... my fav. 8's are the american bass xd8.... they out performed the sa8 v1, v2's get down on them but at price point the xd's really shine... im currently running two xd8's on a aq1200... and have ran on a brutus 1700... they laugh at their 300w rating... the sa's have a better low end... as do a few subs he named in that list but over all xd 8s where my winners for a sq application...but they are in a member made custom enclosure....

This is one of my first posts so I'll take this opportunity to say hi to everyone. I'm Josh. Anyway, I'm helping out with a project that will be for 2 8" subwoofers ported in around 1.5 cubes altogether. Looking for suggestions. The only ones I was able to offer was the DC M3 and the Sundown SA. They are just looking for old fashioned SQL. Wattage will be between 1500 and 2000 rms. Would love to hear about all your preferences and experiences with these 8's. Thanks in advance, guys!
TC-sounds Epic. Great driver, calls for .44 cu ft sealed per driver. Gets low and sounds great. $300 for the pair at parts express. They're dual 2 ohm woofers, so you'll run a final load of 2 ohms. So if you're thinking of an amp that does 2kW into 1 ohm, it'll be perfect for the setup.

just curious, does anyone know if the american bass xd-8 and the massive audio summo-8 are the same? They look identical but i can get the summo cheaper.

Sundown SA8Sundown X8

Skar VVX8

Skar MA8

Skar ZVX8

American Bass XD8

American Bass VFL 8

JL Audio 8W7

CT Sounds Meso 8

DC Audio M3 8

Crossfire C7 8

Digital Designs SW2508

Digital Designs 2508

Digital Designs 1508

Massive Audio Hippo 8

Soundqubed HDS208

Image Dynamics IDQ8

Alpine Type R 8

Cadence S2W8

Thanks for all the suggestions, brother.

just curious, does anyone know if the american bass xd-8 and the massive audio summo-8 are the same? They look identical but i can get the summo cheaper.
idk yeah i googled and first place i found was 20.00 cheaper than xds... they look interesting to say the least... i havent played with that series only the hippos... but i wasnt disappointed with the hippos at all... lol rms on the summos is whaaa 300rms too...

I gotta box built buy cscstang brand new unused designed for my 04 got damaged to the face of the box has custom plexi windows and illumination... I was going for the stain and poly look but with this damage its not gonna look right... Phuckkng FedEx.... So if he's gonna want a custom box and wants to run x8's I'll hook ya up with a killer box as soon as I know my new one is being built

Could easily be filled and painted or carpeted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the cabs of the 04's are a little too different than the 11's. I think it runs 2007 to 2013 are the similar backseats. I appreciate the offer, though!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.