8" sub recommendations

I won't be able to go much bigger than their recommended space. I believe it was like .3 cubes per sub, and I'll be able to go .4 or slighty larger and stuff with polyfill.

If I went with 2 8's I could probably port the box then. Would 2 8's ported outperform 4 8's sealed with the amount of available volume being equal?

you'd be a lot better off if you can build your own box. If you can't then find someone to build one for the subs and power you're using.

You may have enough room for a single 12 Dayton ho dvc ported.After sub and port displacement maybe not. They are recommend to be ported pretty low so port would take up a lot of space but maybe with an areo port. It should go very low with authority and sound good doing it.

Alpine type r 8s are pretty good SQ subs for the $. You have plenty of room for 2 ported. They are better suited for a ported box. There's several thread's on diy including 1 by the guy who designed them. You can find them for 100 $. But might want to spend a little more and get them from an authorized dealer. Alpine wont warranty if not from authorized dealer. Crutchfield and sonicelectronics is doing buy 1 get one half off which would put you a little over your budget. If you went that route.

It's getting more and more difficult to find sq subs for a decent price since spl subs are what sell. Most guys just want to be as loud as possible lol. Maybe image dynamics ,jl,focal have something in your price range idk.

I'm very happy with my type r 8s but I only listen to metal and some old school rap so hardly ever go much below 40hz. I'm actually considering getting the Dayton for my stepsons ride. Looks like a good SQ sub for the $.

I usually get custom boxes but I can’t find anyone to do one for less than $250 or so. That’s why my options for semi custom under seat boxes for my specific truck are limited. I don’t have the mounting depth for 12’s and most 10’s too which further limits my options.

I usually get custom boxes but I can’t find anyone to do one for less than $250 or so. That’s why my options for semi custom under seat boxes for my specific truck are limited. I don’t have the mounting depth for 12’s and most 10’s too which further limits my options.
mdf is pretty cheap. car audio fabrications can design and send you blue prints for a box. For a price of course. Someone on here might be willing to do it also. No tools? No family or friends with tools? Could be built for a lot less than 250. I just finished a couple of boxes for 10s for less then 100$ Using birch plywood a little glue PVC pipe silicone wood stain poly urethane. Actually less then that since I already had the stain and urethane but you get the idea. MDF is around 30$ cheaper too. It's really worth it if you can build it yourself. A lot of satisfaction in building your own box.But if you can't you can't. Some guys like those fox boxes idk. lot guys think ported doesn't sound as good as sealed too. Usually find out they had a pre Fab ported box or a poorly designed box.

The port is 3.5"x4.5" and 13" long. Does that work for the Type S?
As far as that QPower box goes... best I can come up with for the type S is 1.92ft3 AD, and the port length uncorrected is 13"?.. that's 36.78hz and according to Winisd gets to 100fps port velocity on around 265 watts input. That's around a 360 watt amp according to how I read it.

Probably actually tuned to 37-39hz, with the drivers firing down and the port restriction you'll likely lose a lil' output. But I've seen worse believe me.

Is that the old type s or the new type s series they just came out with? Idk how much they changed from the old 1.

They just recently released them so he maybe able to find a deal on the old ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.