69 chevelle build thread

update for today....finally got the floor panel in, amps in and wired up and all the beauty panels but one in and secured. gonna finish up the last beauty panel tomorrow and start on the console to house some gauges and the HU.

kinetik 2400 behind passenger side beauty panel

IMAG0574.jpg

wired up

IMAG0575.jpg

amp placement, everything is dusty but i will clean it all up soon

IMAG0573.jpg

Looks great man. How does the enclosure sound? And you need to stop by the new shop, it's huge.
no clue how it sounds haha, no HU installed yet. i tried to stop by today, need 6 1/0 terminals but there were glass guys there and they looked clsoed, so i jsut ran down to street sounds instead

Ya they were working on that door so all the glass wouldn't fall out and shatter because it was all cracked to hell. I got there today while they were still installing, so it seems we barely missed each other.

yea probably, it was right around 1145 or 12 when i was over there. im gonna be rollin soon so ill bring the car by once i wrap it all up, probably by mid week

got started on the console to house (3) 2 5/8 gauges and the pioneer double din. the center section is going to be painted and the outside parts carpeted black.

basic structure...

IMAG0576.jpg

centering up everything for the gauges...

IMAG0577.jpg

holes for gauges...

IMAG0578.jpg

gauges mocked up in their places...

IMAG0580.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

double din mounted, the screws are counter-sunk and will be filled/sanded when it gets painted...

IMAG0581.jpg

well of course, at the point i can see this finish line, something breaks and i have to stop until its straightened out. i was idling the car, letting the batteries charge up in preparations for playing the system, when i heard something start clanking around on the floor, so i immediately cut the engine off and went to find out what was up. the pulley on my brand new mechman broke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif looks like it came apart at the joint where its pressed together, so more of a separation than a break. gonna have to call eric tomorrow and see about this

IMAG0584-1.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

***** about the alty man.....sick build, sick car....loving it!

Personally me though, just the thought of driving around in such a classic, good ole fashion American muscle would be plenty for me. I would get off on the engine alone, haha!

got the pulley on and everything is back to running like a champ again. still have a little belt slip issue when the load gets heavy, so over the next week im going to the local JY to pull some pulleys off a 85-87 camaro that will run the power steering off a v-belt like the current setup, but will run the alt off of a 5 groove flat belt, so that should eliminate that issue as well. anyways, got the console and gauges in finally, just thought i would share a quick video of everything wired up. no system demos yet, hopefully soon though. still waiting on the qlogic kick panels to house the second pair of HAT imagines, then it will be boom time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.