69 chevelle build thread

got about 65sq installed today in the trunk over the last couple of days. i ordered 75sq thinking it would be more than enough for the trunk and deck lid with some to spare, but it looks like its going to be barely enough to do those things. guess these old school trunks are a little bigger than even I anticipated :lol:

IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0535.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

looking great bro...

and yea those old school trunks are big enough for atleast a nice system, and 2 dead hookers... i mean... ummm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

well, another day and another handful of hours getting seemingly small stuff done, but it all has to be done and it all takes time, but anyway. today i did a handful of small things i had to do, including cutting out the hole in the rear d

eck for the port to fire through, running the grounds for the rear battery to the frame rail underneath the trunk floor and fabbing up a fuse-holder bracket for under the hood and getting the power wires ran to them from the battery. on to the photos...

taping the cutout through the rear deck and doing the cut...

IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0540.jpg

i folded the vinyl down under the rear deck and used deadener to hold it underneath, then painted the edges so when viewing from above you dont see any bright aluminum lol

IMAG0546.jpg

this is the above view... im going to frame the cutout out in 1/4" mdf to clean it up a bit

IMAG0544.jpg

heres the ground to the frame rail under the trunk, again using the kicker dual 1/0 grounding block like i did in the front. also used some 3/4" a/c unit conduit to cover the wire in since part of it will be close to the exhaust and to prevent chaffing on the wire.

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0541.jpg

finally, i made a bracket for my fuse hoders up front, and yes i know its redneck as hell, but all i had as far as thin sheet metal was an old turkey pan that i used to change oil in and other odd things, so i cut a piece of it out and it worked perfectly. then ran the 1/0 from the batt to the fuse holders, and called it a day.

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

tomorrow i hope to get the power wires ran to the rear and start covering the box and beauty panels for the trunk, possible get them in also.

got a few things done today after work... started by deciding on the tried and true bolt method for terminals and picking up some odd and end terminals from a buddies electrical shop. i actually think this is the best setup for the bolt method terminals i have used before, not sure the exact name of the terminals but you can see them in the photos and see how i used them. the splice connectors i decided to use on the subs themselves to wire them into parallel will be shrink wrapped after the connection is made to the wires leading to the terminals on the bolts. i also managed to get 3 of the 4 beauty panels carpeted today that will go around the box in the trunk. so enough talking... on to the photos....

the various terminals i used...

IMAG0554.jpg

the terminals used on the inside of the box to the bolts...

IMAG0555.jpg

the terminals being used on the outside of the box...

IMAG0557.jpg

the terminals i used to wire the subs into parallel, they will be shrink wrapped after connected to the bolt terminals

IMAG0560.jpg

finally, the 3 beauty panels i carpeted today...

IMAG0561.jpg

Looking good man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thanks bro, gonna try and get the box carpeted tonight and run the wires from the trunk back to the front for the comps

I'm loving this build so far bro... def giving that car its due justice, just wouldn't be right if it wasn't so clean... great job so far bro
thanks man, thats why its taking so long. trying to do everything right all the way down to the shrink-wrap lol. didnt get to work on anything today, had a couple things come up, but tomorrow im definitely getting some stuff done

I'm loving this build so far bro... def giving that car its due justice, just wouldn't be right if it wasn't so clean... great job so far bro
thanks man, thats why its taking so long. trying to do everything right all the way down to the shrink-wrap lol. didnt get to work on anything today, had a couple things come up, but tomorrow im definitely getting some stuff done

that's the only way to do it bro, lol... trust me... my truck is goin on 8 months now, and isn't even close to being done, lol... looking great so far tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.