600 watt rms recommendations

And im not drunk yet but will be working on it now. And E-drunks that know their **** is even worse. I get it.
Maybe a draught and thinking about what you say is advised. I cant blame people for recommending Dayton as its a forum boner but comon'. I advised him how to get well above his level. I get tired of all the ya but crap.
This is what you sound like

It’s time for me to buy a better sub. Right now I have 2 fosgates from the 90s and I’ve replaced all my speakers so now it’s time to upgrade the subs. I want a single 12 inch woofer for less than 300 bucks. I was looking at the RF P3 because that is the brand of speakers I got. the amp I have is the Kicker cxa 600.1 which is 600 rms 1200 peak at 2 ohms. This is going in the trunk of a 76 cutlass so there is plenty of space for a big box if needed.

Thanks

Why not get two new 12's for $300 total and throw them in the same box? Not ideal, but cost effective and you won't lose the much needed cone area.

Why not get two new 12's for $300 total and throw them in the same box? Not ideal, but cost effective and you won't lose the much needed cone area.
I asked that on an earlier thread and someone said that a modern sub would create too much vent noise. That's originally what I was going to do last summer but I couldn't make up my mind.

Thanks for your suggestion. 1000 watts rms sounds like a lot of power for a car that I daily drive. I’m building on a budget because I am only 17 and because of school and hours I can only work in the summer and I just spent the bulk of my money on an engine swap. The sub you linked, will that sound good on the amp I have now. Also in the summer when I get some extra change what amp would you recommend with this woofer. The most I’d ever be willing to shell out for an amp would be around 500 bucks but it would have to be something special. Again thanks for your suggestion and any help you provid.
Check out Deaf Bonce for subs.

Thanks for your suggestion. 1000 watts rms sounds like a lot of power for a car that I daily drive. I’m building on a budget because I am only 17 and because of school and hours I can only work in the summer and I just spent the bulk of my money on an engine swap. The sub you linked, will that sound good on the amp I have now. Also in the summer when I get some extra change what amp would you recommend with this woofer. The most I’d ever be willing to shell out for an amp would be around 500 bucks but it would have to be something special. Again thanks for your suggestion and any help you provid.

Your only 17 and on a budget, I've been there. I'll probably catch **** for this, but I don't give two fukks about that. People have to get in line to hate me. Get this and plug your amp in and run with it. Enjoy it!

Screenshot_20210414-210743_Chrome.jpg

Those are old school Fosgate's
Honestly if your on a budget and are hesitant to put in a 1000 watt system then IMO just get a better box for them
Old school subs were not made to handle the huge numbers that todays subs were so running 600 watts into them should be ok
However 600 watts into 2 subs in a old big car is going to struggle
The problem is if you upgrade one then you have to do the other so if you want to that then you have to wait until you have the $$ to do both
That being said the prices have actually become a little more reasonable
You can get 2 1000-1500 watt subs and an amp to run them for under $1000 now where as the amp alone would have cost you that back when.

I still say a pair of Blau 12's would match that amp you currently have nicely. Its on you to build a box makes proper use of them tho. That box of rocks you got wont work too well.

That Amp you have is 600w into 2 ohm correct?
A set of those subs I mentioned in something designed right will be a big upgrade from those old subs imo.

UQ4czw.jpg

Its a budget solution to your current dilemma and should give you the best bang for your buck.
Don't let the pricetag scare you away. Those $40 subs do ok and on your power too.

Just don't expect to make flex videos for YT like some do. That will go nice and low and sound good while doing it.

Is this something that eventually I should get a bigger amp for.
I still say a pair of Blau 12's would match that amp you currently have nicely. Its on you to build a box makes proper use of them tho. That box of rocks you got wont work too well.

That Amp you have is 600w into 2 ohm correct?
A set of those subs I mentioned in something designed right will be a big upgrade from those old subs imo.

UQ4czw.jpg

Its a budget solution to your current dilemma and should give you the best bang for your buck.
Don't let the pricetag scare you away. Those $40 subs do ok and on your power too.

Just don't expect to make flex videos for YT like some do. That will go nice and low and sound good while doing it.
I've done some thinking on that and it's certainly something that I could see myself doing but I dont know where to get a box design. Is there a database online that has a bunch of good designs or do I need to pay someone to make a design. Would these sound best ported or sealed. I would like to know these things before I dive straight in.

I've done some thinking on that and it's certainly something that I could see myself doing but I dont know where to get a box design. Is there a database online that has a bunch of good designs or do I need to pay someone to make a design. Would these sound best ported or sealed. I would like to know these things before I dive straight in.
Never mind that I just read the post in my email and didn't see the image 🙃

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...