600 watt rms recommendations

You can get a legit 2K amp and wire it to .5 and things might get rowdy /w/ a set of 500w subs.. A $350+ amp that's a half-bridge wired low vs a 3K fullbridge should keep the rise down and get you loud usually but on a stock alt and startng battery, and cheapo amp is a non-starter. +200A draw with a factory chargung system? Groundpounding bass needs elecrtical power even if a good enclosure is used.
Real talk again... ta gotta pay to play.
I listed a low powered solution at 1st... why the escalation? Believe me that'll do rather well.
Bigazz subs are just that till you power them.
Please dont buy a Zv5 on a 2k amp lke most. Those big subs need power, prep and plannng to run.
So for a decent system how much should I realistically spend. I was thinking of just buying the p3 and building a box. Idk who makes good subs but I only have 3.5 inch 2 way speakers and 6x9 3 way speakers for the mids and highs and don't need a system where all I can hear is the woofer. I just spent 250 on the new fosgate speakers and don't want to buy new ones any time soon.

So for a decent system how much should I realistically spend. I was thinking of just buying the p3 and building a box.
Loaded question.... I've seen P3's perform or crap up and fail. after a ton of love put into the install too. Enclosurei is everything man,
I'd start wth a bit more than 600w tho... your trunk has space. Why not use it? Even a set of GBW-120s ($40 subs) will utilize the amp you got better in the right enclosure.
I love repeatng myself.

Loaded question.... I've seen P3's perform or crap up and fail. after a ton of love put into the install too. Enclosurei is everything man,
I'd start wth a bit more than 600w tho... your trunk has space. Why not use it? Even a set of GBW-120s ($40 subs) will utilize the amp you got better in the right enclosure.
I love repeatng myself.
I get what your saying even a bad/cheap sub can sound good in the right enclosure. I plan on building one but I figured I should get a newer sub/subs first. Where should I go to find information on a good box blueprint.

Lots of "blepriints" out there but maybe a legit desgn might halp ya. Anyone can draw up some bs. Idk where a legit design would be had (rehtorical Q btw) so find a designer or learn.

The reason for the amp is I don't have a ton of money to spend on this kind of stuff. I'd like to go bigger but as far as I know some of the high power and high quality stuff that makes rated power is expensive. Then I'd need to find a sub that would be able to withstand it which I assume would also be expensive. I am new to this stuff but I'd like to learn and get into it without breaking the bank. I also just bought the amp about a month ago and I'd hate to wast money. There are probably better subs in that power and price range than the p3 but I just don't know what they are or where to start. I was also thinking about the FI XV3 but that is rated for 1000 watts rms. I will start buying stuff in the end of June when I can start working again so I have a while to learn. I would like to know what brands are out there making good products. I would get a new amp but all of the high powered or 1000 watts rms and up amps are normally expensive. I also plan to build a custom box but I don't know anyone who does this stuff and no one I know has any knowledge on this stuff. This reply got a little long but I just wanted it in one big text. I would also like to say thanks for all the info and advice thay has been shared so far.

Lots of "blepriints" out there but maybe a legit desgn might halp ya. Anyone can draw up some bs. Idk where a legit design would be had (rehtorical Q btw) so find a designer or learn.
I assume you design boxes. I was wondering about some stuff like ported or sealed. And if bigger means better or if ever sub seems to have its happy size where it preforms the best. Is there in optimal shape. What about filling the inside with foam or at least what I thoughtwas foam(I think I read that somewhere).

What did you pay for the P3's? Bigger subs need more power. Swappng bigger/better subs on the same power never works out well.
Buyers remorse
I dont have them yet. Right now I just have the box that rocks. The p3s are the sub that I was planning on getting but came on here to see what other perhaps better subs in that price range are available. Sorry if there was any confusion

I dont have them yet. Right now I just have the box that rocks. The p3s are the sub that I was planning on getting but came on here to see what other perhaps better subs in that price range are available. Sorry if there was any confusion
But on their website if I remember correctly they are around 270

Cxa-600? 2 ohm amp? I'd take a chance on 2 Blau-12s in a 4ft3 box if I was budget minded. Honestly... $40 ea and solid... why not?
That sounds like was to cheap to sound good. Also aren't these like Walmart brand subs. And that box sounds too big to fit in my trunk. I don't know what a 4 cubic foot box looks like but it sounds like it would be pretty big. I don't need to be super budget I just don't wanna spend 600 dollars on a subwoofer.

If I where to get a bigger amp what kind of stuff is out there. Fosgates 1000 watt amp is 750 and I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on something like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.