Lower power 8" or 10" SQ sub thoughts??....

Tundra Al

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 16, 2021
San Diego
Hey guys newbie here. I'm wondering if anybody here has a recommendation on a high SQ 8" or 10"sub that can run off of 300 watts at 4 ohm. Needs to be in a pretty small sealed box too nothing bigger than .65. Install depth is limited to about 5.5". I listen to all types of music literally but I want a little bit more output when I want to get down with some hip hop or rap.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Image Dynamics ID 8 or idq8 or ARC Audio 8? I know at one point these were very good companies known for sound quality but unsure if they're high standards have remained constant through the years.

This is for 2003 Toyota tundra extra cab so it's a fairly small cabin. Thanks for any help

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Hey guys newbie here. I'm wondering if anybody here has a recommendation on a high SQ 8" or 10"sub that can run off of 300 watts at 4 ohm. Needs to be in a pretty small sealed box too nothing bigger than .65. Install depth is limited to about 5.5". I listen to all types of music literally but I want a little bit more output when I want to get down with some hip hop or rap.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Image Dynamics ID 8 or idq8 or ARC Audio 8? I know at one point these were very good companies known for sound quality but unsure if they're high standards have remained constant through the years.

This is for 2003 Toyota tundra extra cab so it's a fairly small cabin. Thanks for any help
IDQ is definitely right up your alley, and near as I know their quality has remained high. Never messed with Arc woofers, really that company's draw has always been the Robert Zeff amp designs. I doubt they sell crap, but likely they don't have any top tier engineering talent there.

Dayton line over to Parts Express is always popular among the DIY crowd, I've had good luck with their mids and tweets myself and see a lot of DIY guys using their subs and you don't read anything bad about them on home theater or car audio forums and there's always honest looking reviews over at PartsExpress site.

Not sure what Adire has for an 8" driver but they're worth a look as those Dan Wiggins designs are tried and true for low distortion subs.

ultimateherts

Oct 1, 2013
mass
Check the fs section I got a shallow mount low power Sq sub that would be awesome for what you want. Shallow mount as it has inverted neodymium magnet and would work great in about .55 cubic ft enclosure sealed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds