600 watt rms recommendations

I'm not here to debate I'm just a noob looking for answers. I just had seen them at Walmart so assumed they where junk. I know nothing about this stuff and it just sounds like they where a good brand bought out buy a Chinese company. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm not here to argue or debate anything. I see that you are saying that enclosures are important and now days for most things the elcheapo stuff is low quality and doesn't last. I've tried to learn on YouTube but I figured forums would be better. I just thought you where using that as an example that a good enclosure makes a big difference and that a great sub will sound like **** in a bad box. If anything I just want to get to know what kind of brands to buy from and which ones to stay away from. I'm sorry if I came off as arguing but my intentions were to ask questions and learn. But thanks for the help and advice you provided.

I get that you've probably done this for a long time but when I see 40 dollars for stuff that normally costs way more I just assumed it's junk and won't sound good or last. I just want a 600 watt rms sub that is under 300 dollars and I prefer sound quality over earth shaking loudness even though I'm sure the box playes a big role in that.

Preconceptptions R what make noobs unfixable. You do you. I didnt try try to fnd info from you after all, this forum has low barred lately imo. Coman man' Biden style. I'm exp and know wtf.
Sometimes what U think is junk ain't. And a dramatic increase on your power is ez... lower powered subs in a correct box. Problem solved.

Preconceptptions R what make noobs unfixable. You do you. I didnt try try to fnd info from you after all, this forum has low barred lately imo. Coman man' Biden style. I'm exp and know wtf.

Sometimes what U think is junk ain't. And a dramatic increase on your power is ez... lower powered subs in a correct box. Problem solved.
So running a slightly bigger amp Is ok. I could only find a 12 inch sub of that brand that was 300 rms 800 peak and assumed that a 300 rms difference would fry the thing. Maybe I just need to get my opinions on brands out of my head until I actually try them. Could I run a single one of those on that amp without toasting it also what size box would compliment one sub. I don't know the cubic footage of my trunk but it's pretty big without the spare tire in.

This is a nice sounding SQ sub. It’s 700 rms, but your amp should push it fine. This sub won’t win any spl competitions, but if nice smooth sound and accurate bass is your preference, it’s a good choice. One of the better sounding subs I’ve heard.

I've just heard some stuff from other places on the internet and heard that Blaupunkt was a bad Chinese brand but I will probably pick up a sub and get my own opinion before I think that a brand is bad. As far as the easy power increase, what would that be. Or did I read it wrong and the solution is overpowering subs.

I've just heard some stuff from other places on the internet and heard that Blaupunkt was a bad Chinese brand but I will probably pick up a sub and get my own opinion before I think that a brand is bad. As far as the easy power increase, what would that be. Or did I read it wrong and the solution is overpowering subs.
Most of their stuff is cheap. They have one line of subs that outperform their price point though. The blaupunkt recommended earlier is the decent sub.

That Dayton actually seems pretty good. The subs I currently have are like 4mm xmax and this says it's 14mm which leads me to my next question. I think its how far the sub travels but I was wondering if its safe to assume that more xmax is better

Most of their stuff is cheap. They have one line of subs that outperform their price point though. The blaupunkt recommended earlier is the decent sub.
I just can't imagine that a 40 dollar sub could sound really good but now I'm definitely going to pick one up a day and see what it's like

That Dayton actually seems pretty good. The subs I currently have are like 4mm xmax and this says it's 14mm which leads me to my next question. I think its how far the sub travels but I was wondering if its safe to assume that more xmax is better
More xmax means more movement of air, which means more bass in theory. Just to say that xmax is better isn’t always true though. Sloppy sounding bass sounds sloppy even if it’s loud. Controlled xmax is better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.