6.5 Speaker Comp. with depth under 2.5

So a friend has ID ctx65cs components and i loved the way they sounded. I tried to put those in my accord knowing that it will take some work to make it fit. Tried shaving down the grill on my door panel had a 1 inch spacer and everything to make the speakers fit. End up not fitting, so im looking for something that sounds similar or better with a depth under 2.5 inch. Looking to spend around 150 but no more than 200.

Found someone who got the CDT HD62im for under 200, any thoughts of it? they look solid.

Also interested in any other recommendations.

Thanks

how would you suggest wiring it with alpine f300
That amp wouldn't be ideal for a pair of 2 ohm components. And it is a little weak for the P660C's if you just run 2 of the 4 channels unbridged.

Your amp can only have a 2 ohm speaker on each channel or it can be bridged to 2 channels into 4 ohms.

That amp wouldn't be ideal for a pair of 2 ohm components. And it is a little weak for the P660C's if you just run 2 of the 4 channels unbridged. Your amp can only have a 2 ohm speaker on each channel or it can be bridged to 2 channels into 4 ohms.
Yeah I know. Would've jumped on it if it fits into my setup. Any other recommendations? I checked sonic electronics but not sure what's good. Still new to the audio world

A 3/4" spacer would help on the front side clearance. The JBL speaker suggestions are good. Alpine MRV-F300 is a little low on power compared to many other newer amplifiers, but it will be fine on any speaker sets suggested thus far.

A 3/4" spacer would help on the front side clearance. The JBL speaker suggestions are good. Alpine MRV-F300 is a little low on power compared to many other newer amplifiers, but it will be fine on any speaker sets suggested thus far.
Yeah I know. bought a spacer to try to fit the ID ctx but then realized I needed an extra quarter inch to fit. Made a quarter inch mdf ring to put over the spacers and ended up finding out the door panel wouldnt fit even when I sanded down the door grill. All that work for nothing lol.

I bought that amp to bridge IDs. Anything else that has more power? wanna take the most out of the f300

Thanks for the posts so far guys. Been helpful so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.