6.5 2-Way Speakers + Tweeter Install Suggestions

gdotcastro

I'm currently working on installing my own system to a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

My stock system was getting on my nervs, from loud road noise (big mud tires) + an exhaust system, I couldn't hear $#!T //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/offwall.gif.29a91b9b265d47af4b8e33fc5b558d18.gif

So I decided to upgrade my component speakers to some temporary Kickers I picked up at Best Buy. I replaced all component speakers which are (4) 6.5's + (4) Tweeters. I just spliced the old wires and attached the new speakers, as they were not "Plug & Play".

I've always wanted a decent set up, something with nice lows, mids, and highs. Originally the kickers were temporary until I could get something better, but fast forward a year later...I kind of like the sound of the kickers and wanted to know what I could do to improve the sound?

As i'm building my sub set up, I will be adding a second amp for the components. Amp suggestions would be awesome, keeping in mind the tweeters + budget ($150)

I'm just not sure if I should remove the Pioneer Tweeters (Pioneer TS-T110) since the Kickers are 2-way speakers (Kicker 44KSC6504)? Or if I should keep the tweeters and add some sort of cross-over?

Any advice is appreciated!

get rid of the tweeters and just add the amp. If possible add a digital sound processor or aftermarket head unit later on.
Figured the extra tweeters were a bit much...Appreciate the advice!

I'll look into digital sound processors as well -

Figured the extra tweeters were a bit much...Appreciate the advice!
I'll look into digital sound processors as well -
if u have factory hu and just want a single din (no dvd or camera screen) u can get really nice ones for like $100 with time alignment, 13 band eq, xovers, usb, bt all that..

if u have factory hu and just want a single din (no dvd or camera screen) u can get really nice ones for like $100 with time alignment, 13 band eq, xovers, usb, bt all that..
Def want to keep my stock HU...It has NAV which I use religiously, but as far as audio functions it's not that great...

Stock HU Info is here: https://www.infotainment.com/products/2011-2017-jeep-wrangler-gps-garmin-navigation-rhb-430n-radio

I'd like a decent EQ though, Stock HU has basic EQ settings.

Soundstream tn4.900. Small, does more than rated, inexpensive.
Man, Researched this amp and I'm stuck between the TN4.900 or the SQ S4-100 :stuck:

Any advantages you see this amp have over the SQ S4-100? Other than me saving $10 bucks? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Man, Researched this amp and I'm stuck between the TN4.900 or the SQ S4-100 :stuck:
Any advantages you see this amp have over the SQ S4-100? Other than me saving $10 bucks? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
mam 900.4 is a stronger amp idk if u need that much power set gain low u be fine.. i'd get the sq and if ever need a sub amp they have the 800.1 same price i think, u have a nice matched set..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.