Rockford amp power ground input help

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
So I have the Rockford Power T750x1bd. It's birth sheet says 997rms@ 1 ohm. If I'm reading this right it pulled 70a current but can pull up to 100A. I went from a Rockford 300rms punch series which I honestly didn't think I would ever swap so here is my dilemma. I'm running of stock hi level 9.5 volts into amp via balanced rca. My run is knukonceptz 8 gauge ofc which is rated 60A@20 feet my run is around 10-12 feet I believe 10 feet. So from what I gather ideally I need to run 4 gauge from battery to a distribution block and then form the block to the amp 8 gauge since it will barely even fit 8 in there as it is the terminals are so extremely small. My questions is this, Normally I run 4 or 0 gauge to be safe for future installs and I didn't this time because I never thought I would change my amp stupid me I know! So if I'm running high voltage in and when I am level matching properly its causing the amp gain knob to be so low doesn't that mean the amp is not working as hard and not pulling as much current because the input signal is so clean and strong? And second if the wire I have is rated 60a at 20 feet can I get away with 70a draw on 10 feet on daily music or am I just wishing for the easy way out and need to rewire everything?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have the Rockford Power T750x1bd. It's birth sheet says 997rms@ 1 ohm. If I'm reading this right it pulled 70a current but can pull up to 100A. I went from a Rockford 300rms punch series which I honestly didn't think I would ever swap so here is my dilemma. I'm running of stock hi level 9.5 volts into amp via balanced rca. My run is knukonceptz 8 gauge ofc which is rated 60A@20 feet my run is around 10-12 feet I believe 10 feet. So from what I gather ideally I need to run 4 gauge from battery to a distribution block and then form the block to the amp 8 gauge since it will barely even fit 8 in there as it is the terminals are so extremely small. My questions is this, Normally I run 4 or 0 gauge to be safe for future installs and I didn't this time because I never thought I would change my amp stupid me I know! So if I'm running high voltage in and when I am level matching properly its causing the amp gain knob to be so low doesn't that mean the amp is not working as hard and not pulling as much current because the input signal is so clean and strong? And second if the wire I have is rated 60a at 20 feet can I get away with 70a draw on 10 feet on daily music or am I just wishing for the easy way out and need to rewire everything?
yeah i got thin 4ga wondering same about running 1 ohm 1100rms sometime soon.. you should have 4 ga for 1k but if you run new wire may as well do 1/0 welding wire.. 10 feet is short though i'd think it would work until your upgrade wire., set gain low and it won't draw as much..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.