5 tons o' fun build

Yes, I have a 2004 Mach with a 150 shot of nitrous. Runs low 12's at 3600' elevation (mid to low 11's at sea level) on DOT drag radials
Lol you pull the fronts only running high 11s/low 12s? I've got an 87 myself and a ton of friends with 9-10 sec cars. I am starting to like the new edge bodies more and more for some reason though.. lol always liked the machs and 03/04 cobras but i kinda want one now.

I want a new 5.0 so bad it's killing me but I don't want a new car payment. The Mach is payed off so I can have more fun with it then I could with a new one. Yea, it's still full weight other then the big and littles so I'm not as strong on the back end as I'd like it to be.

guessing 1 or two sets of RCA outputs??? Guy at the BestBuy said it came with 4 volt outputs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

imagevan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got all the pieces cut today for all 4 boxes. Should be able to start assembling them tomorrow if the weather isnt bad enough to keep me from going out

imagestn.jpg

For those that are new to box building maybe these tips will help.

I like to map my cuts out on graph paper to see how to lay out the pieces to waste as little as possible. Plus graph paper is cheaper then sheets of MDF. I was able to cut all 4 boxes out of two sheets.

imagetir.jpg

Then just lay it out on the sheet.

imagempz.jpg

This is all that was wasted from both sheets.

imageiey.jpg

Another tip that might help a few of you save some time when building. If you're like me and don't have a big nice table saw and make most of you're cuts with a skill (circle) saw you know how exhuasting it can be to take a measurement then do the math to subtract/add for the width of your saw plate.

This simple little fence jig does all the math for you and assures you have a straight cut right down the line every time. I made a 4 and 8 foot jig so I could rip full sheets if needed.

This is the 4 foot being used

imagenwa.jpg

And this is the 8 foot laying on the floor but same idea as the 4 foot.

imageowm.jpg

How would painting the grills provide any additional protection? The pods are to help keep the grills from getting pulled off.
50 15's would be bad *** but not very cost effective.

A 6th order and/or a large number of drivers would take up a very large amount of space don't know about you guys but I would prefer to keep the stripper pole. Strobe lights and. Lack lights will accent the stripper pole. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
upholstered or not, its not gonna protect it 100%

Not looking for 100% but the wood has a better chance then the plastic plus it looks nice.

No hidden cameras, we would be required to disclose if anything was being videoed, we want people to relax and have fun not worry about what might end up on the net. At least not by us.

Not going to bore anyone with pictures of rectangle boxs but everything is together except the ports and the front pieces. Will finish them up this weekend and install the subs. Should also have the panels that hold the 6x9's vinyled and maybe nstaled this weekend as well. I'll post up more pictures after this weekend.

Just a quick update with pictures. Finished the boxes, battery box, wired up the batteries and installed the 6x9's, Thinking about changing out the black vinyle for smoked plexiglas to give it a classy look.

Installsandmore101.jpg

This is what was orginally installed in the bus

Installsandmore095.jpg

My cheap speaker terminals that I made for less then 10 cents a set.

Installsandmore105.jpg

Installsandmore104.jpg

Installsandmore107.jpg

Installsandmore103.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.