5 tons o' fun build

shake this
10+ year member

I guess I have enough started to officially start a build thread but it's going to be a slow moving build as I still have a regular full time job. As the build goes on, please feel free to provide constructive criticism where needed but please remember that form must follow function and this build is to generate more income not win any sound competitions. When you are over building something for strength and or safety, you sometimes must forgo obtaining that "wow" factor. However, I'm attempting to incorporate as much "wow" factor as time and budget will allow.

For those that haven't seen what the bus looks like, here is a couple of quick shotes I took earlier in the week.

imagelqi.jpg

imagelqsr.jpg

Inside isn't as bad as it looks, we moved some stuff around so we could get to the current amps and speakers under the seats.

imagefdux.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what we found once we started looking around. Not really what I wanted to see but wasn't all that surprised. I don't understand why people can't keep wires nice and neat. I'll be ripping all this out and running all new wire.

imageoag.jpg

imagelzo.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Here is all the equipment we will be using on this build. I'll gather up model numbers later today.

imagezti.jpg

imageufp.jpg

imagezoj.jpg

got all 8 pods built to frame the grills for the 6x9's. Some might ask why go through the trouble of putting a grill around a grill. It's simple, drunk people like to grab things to balance themselves or just to see what they can break. The wood will help protect the plastic grills and maybe they will last longer.

imagegydr.jpg

imagezsu.jpg

Did I mention that upholstery is my least favorite part of any install? After wrapping 8 of these, I can still say it's the least favorite part. LOL

imageomc.jpg

imageplf.jpg

How would painting the grills provide any additional protection? The pods are to help keep the grills from getting pulled off.

50 15's would be bad *** but not very cost effective.

A 6th order and/or a large number of drivers would take up a very large amount of space don't know about you guys but I would prefer to keep the stripper pole. Strobe lights and. Lack lights will accent the stripper pole. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.