4 Type R build log

Vossy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Cloud MN
Just joined the forum (been too lazy to register //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

New to the forum, not to car audio.

All in a lil' Chrysler Cirrus LXi :p

Trunk setup:

4 Type R 12's

Power Acoustik Gothic 5500d (200A fuse, IMO it's good enough for 2k rms these subs take)

eDead 80

Big 3

4 Gauge (need to get 0, 4's starting to get crispy)

Also in the trunk: Alpine MRP-240 for the tweets

Box build: (Sorry, Pics are from my phone)

All of it in action:

Input? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i don't think those 6x9 are going to survive much longer in that position
They're getting beat lol, Sony's so idc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Is it me or that is top baffle moving a good bit?
No, it's just the camera's image stabalizer shaking with the woofer. There's a good amount of bracing after these pics.

Think there's enough air getting to the port? or should I turn it around.

Run some 1/0 and get a better amp/amps and give them each 1k then it will be loud. I really don't see the top baffle flexing much with the port there.

What is it tuned to?

Run some 1/0 and get a better amp/amps and give them each 1k then it will be loud. I really don't see the top baffle flexing much with the port there.
What is it tuned to?
31.8hz after displacement.

And I know about the 1/0, that's getting ordered next week.

Better amp situation- I like this amp tbh, 200a worth of fuse and the subs only are a total of 2k so it matches imo

I couldn't tell you which way to face it, when I had my stratus with an eerie similar box (4 older type r's) ported forward, It was loud back then. It's worth a shot moving it. Nice excursion, and x3 on the 6x9s put them out of their misery. Who needs a rear stage anyway? =p.
Did you ever try it backwards? Taking this box out is a b!@$#. For some reason When I fade it all forward, it just doesn't seem right. I like rear fill.

Ya it's loud, but it seems like there lacking idk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.