4 channel help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeb
10+ year member

AR
I have a 4 channel audiobahn 4125hcq and i made the mistake of buying two 4 ohm DVC speakers when the amp is 1 ohm stable. I currently have them bridged into 2 of the channels wired at 1 ohm... is there any way that I could bridge the other 2 channels then connect positive and negatives togethor so that all 4 channels would be connected (both being bridged) to the speakers wired at 1 ohm? Or why would I not want to do this? Hopefully I made that clear as mud. Anyways any help would be appreciated.

Bridge the four channels down to two channels. wire one sub to each of the newely bridged channels. Wire each sub in parallell, for a final two ohm load on each channel. You'll get 500 watts a sub that way.

yes i know that, just like currently i have both subs wired togethor down to 1 ohm and they are still getting 500 watts a piece my question is can i connect the pos. to the pos. in the unused two channels and also do the same with the negative.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.