3 sa12 in 4th order

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Watch the video. They actually make less per at .5 than at 1 ohm. Sweet spot seems to me would be running into 4 ohms for 2000w at 91% efficiency. There cheap enough that buying extra shouldn't be so much of an issue if you're planning this sort of build.
Yeah not talking about them trying to make power at low ohm loads, more like they arent constantly going into protect or shitting themselves. A lot of amps in other lines would just cut out at that impedance when driven slightly hard.

OP
J

Jon91v8

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
Im thinking of making it an aero port. The way the box will be made ill need to throw the subs on the side instead of the traditional back of the box to have more room for a deeper port because i wasnt calculating the displacement of the actual port would make inside the box is big. I only have like 6 inch max of space between the box and the rear of my back seats. After calculating my sealed will be 3.1 and my ported side will be 8.8 after displacement so ill need around 90-110 of port area using aero? Using a single 12 aero has 113 port area.

Last edited:

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Im thinking of making it an aero port. The way the box will be made ill need to throw the subs on the side instead of the traditional back of the box to have more room for a deeper port because i wasnt calculating the displacement of the actual port would make inside the box is big. I only have like 6 inch max of space between the box and the rear of my back seats. After calculating my sealed will be 3.1 and my ported side will be 8.8 after displacement so ill need around 90-110 of port area using aero? Using a single 12 aero has 113 port area.
3.1 sealed/8.8ft3 vented ad?.. jeez... thats pretty big for 3 10's in a 4th I'd think

OP
J

Jon91v8

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
Im aiming for spl only. Wouldnt that ratio just widen the passband but wont get ass loud as a narrower passband with a peakier 3:1 setup?

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
not all the times. I've heard 3 to one ratio 4ths with usable bandwidth from 20hz to 55hz
I think this one will peak hard.
That peak ought to overpower those lows for sure, it sounds like its what he's shooting for

Last edited:

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
So the 3:1 ratio would be good and the size of both the sealed and ported would be good?
Looks good to me if you set your filters somewhere around where I've got em on music.

on burps where it'll be a frequency near tuning... just pour on the power

OP
J

Jon91v8

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
What's the graph showing? I downloaded the software but dont know what all the numbers are on the left. I also dont have the parameters for the sundown subs

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
What's the graph showing? I downloaded the software but dont know what all the numbers are on the left. I also dont have the parameters for the sundown subs
Last 2 graphs are estimated excursion with and without filters applied.
That 130in2 of port 6" long looks about right to be a burp monster btw.
Good luck!

OP
J

Jon91v8

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
How much port area would a aero port need in a 4th order box? I know with the recrangle port you need like 20 x cuft, but what about for a aero port? I have 8.5 ported side

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

• Newest threads

Latest classifieds