Sealed Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list
Where is the driver placed relative to your brace? Are you bracing parallel or perpendicular to the driver's mounting surface?

I second popwar's question of why? Bracing? Adding a port?

Kudos for answering the question. Made me realize that I answered the question with a question because I didn't understand the question or didn't know the answer. Meant sincerely.
Back in the early days .. I'd design sealed boxes with what I'd call pressure baffles . Mainly inserting usually three braces on the back wall of square or rectangle style enclousures the first board would be 25% the 2nd at 50% and 3rd at 25% ... it would break up the internal sound waves making the sub hit harder .. usually about a 1.5 db increase ..but considering doubling the woofers or amplifier power is a 3db increase this isnt bad . I used the term lab meter to compare results before and after baffles were installed

Mine would be just for aesthetics. I am planning on using acrylic on the front and I was wondering if I could put a piece of mirrored plexi inside at an angle to show off the magnet but it is not important. Just curious if it could be done without ruining the box. SQ before anything else. I have to have certain level of fit and finish but I can forgo the flash these days

Mine would be just for aesthetics. I am planning on using acrylic on the front and I was wondering if I could put a piece of mirrored plexi inside at an angle to show off the magnet but it is not important. Just curious if it could be done without ruining the box. SQ before anything else. I have to have certain level of fit and finish but I can forgo the flash these days

I've done quite a few enclousures with lexan windows from neon insides to led lighting... fleckstone ..mirrored and even custom vinyl material that you could see through the windows .. you can really highlight the insides ... I prefer lexan over plexi because it's so much easier to work with.. the baffles would helps looks ..performance ..and sound of a sealed enclousure ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.