3 Kicker L5 10s or 2 12" Audioque 2.5s or 2 12 RE SE(x)

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
right now I have a FI Q 18 (sealed) that I am selling. I LOVE how low it gets and the volume is about as equal to my 2 cvrs ported. But i need more space in my car so I am going with smaller subs. I am between 3 square L5's.....2 12 audioque 2.5 or 2 12 re se. Need help!!!

I have a hifonics brz1200.1...i'm thinkin the 3 10's will give me some funky ohm load so thats why im kind of shying away! but give me opinions. im open to new subs and all. jus have limited space in my scion tC for subs. I will be building my own box and more than likely will be sealed because i simply love the SQ and lows they hit. BTW i am an SQL fan so i wanna get louder than alot of ppl but still sound good and once again ABSOLUTELY LOVE REALLY LOW BASS!! (like my 18)

Please help!

I would say the RE's. I would see if you could find an older set of the SE though. Even just the most previous set before the SE(x). The Audioque's arent recommended for sealed. And the L5s are no where near SQ, well Audioque really isnt either...

Two SE's for sure!

And if you're worried about lows. Tune it lower with a decent box size.

Go to my youtube, diablo2369 and look at my skar vids and you should be satisfied

The rule of thumb is, the bigger the box the more efficient it is (however power handling is reduced).

For those 12s minimum 1.75 cubes tuned to 30, I'd really do about 2.5 tuned to 30.

Even 10's can get nasty, and if you're limited on space that sounds like a winner!

Seriously go to my youtube, watch my Skar vids (2 12s), and watch my Fi X (10 on 300 watts, still going dirty low)

The rule of thumb is, the bigger the box the more efficient it is (however power handling is reduced).For those 12s minimum 1.75 cubes tuned to 30, I'd really do about 2.5 tuned to 30.

Even 10's can get nasty, and if you're limited on space that sounds like a winner!

Seriously go to my youtube, watch my Skar vids (2 12s), and watch my Fi X (10 on 300 watts, still going dirty low)
i watched and very impressed. I think im going ported again. so with the limited trunk space of a scion tc, do u think i could do 3 10's ported around 28-30hz or should i stick with the 12's?

well ur problem with your ported before was the fact you were firing your subs up in a scion tc.. tc doesnt get as loud fired up twoards glass as it does fired back.. and yes u could fit 3 12s in there.. the trunk is 40 inches wide from the trunk opening sides... if ur below that line u can go another 5-6 inches on each side too dependn on your height... but you def wont save any trunk space by going with the 3 12s.. go with the REs u will be happy.. but go ported.. or port the 18 you already have..ported doesnt mean no sq bud. you can have ported and still sound good..

If your trunk is really that small, I'd get two seriously nice 10s (like DC level 4's, some SA's)

Put them in the right box size subs and port back, and get ready!

Port to the side works great, but it's very picky.

well ur problem with your ported before was the fact you were firing your subs up in a scion tc.. tc doesnt get as loud fired up twoards glass as it does fired back.. and yes u could fit 3 12s in there.. the trunk is 40 inches wide from the trunk opening sides... if ur below that line u can go another 5-6 inches on each side too dependn on your height... but you def wont save any trunk space by going with the 3 12s.. go with the REs u will be happy.. but go ported.. or port the 18 you already have..ported doesnt mean no sq bud. you can have ported and still sound good..
I just want enough space to get my amps out from under the mat in the hatch. because now my 18 just barely fits in the trunk and its so power hungry that I dont think my amp will take it anymore. I was thinkin the 3 12's or maybe 3 10's or 2 12's would atleast give me room to put my amps out or something plus not pull so much.

If your trunk is really that small, I'd get two seriously nice 10s (like DC level 4's, some SA's)Put them in the right box size subs and port back, and get ready!

Port to the side works great, but it's very picky.
trunk isnt that small in a tc tho.. its fairly sizeable he can fit 3 12s if he wants ..im gonna be running 2 15s ported in the same car soon..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.