2ohm stereo on a 4 channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

timhof13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Michigan
Does anyone see an issue running a pair of 6.5 and a pair of 4's on two channels of a four channel amp. Gonna bridge the other two channels to a sub. Will they both get the same amount of power or will the 6.5 somehow get more power. Trying to wrap my head around this, it should work i think. Will add a sub amp when I find the right deal, this will be in a boat. Finding a good deal on a marine amp is not easy. thanks for the input.

Good marine audio equipment is expensive because of the extra requirements to make it acceptable to the standards of boat manufacturers. Clarion tries to keep the costs down by offering one line of "mini" amplifiers that are marine rated, rather than having one for the car and one for marine.

If both pairs of speakers are rated for 4 ohms then you should be ok running two pairs in parallel. It's better to have them on their own channels, but if you just want to get a little louder and spread the sound around it should be fine.

clarion apx480 i believe is the amp and the 4" and 6.5 " are polk db , they sound great imho. I made a mistake and sold my boston 5 channel because it wasn't marine rated now im playing catch up . Picked the clarion up used on ebay for a great price. looking for another.

Most A/B amps get VERY hot running at 2ohm per ch. I've had several that will go into thermal protect on very hot days. Otherwise they've worked fine...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

timhof13

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
timhof13
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date