2ohm and 3ohm component sets...list all brands

klassic
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
VA
Dont consider budget just brand and/or models and they be available in 6.5-6.75" size. Also your oppinions on those or any others mentioned would be appreciated.

also the amp I'm running, Pheonix Gold Titanium 500.4, will already be running the rear channels into a 2ohm bridged load. Although the amp is 1ohm stable do you think runnning 2ohm bridged rear and 2/3ohm front stereo will tax it too much. Keep in mind I only crank my system in moderation, it wont be expected to run at full power often.

So far I'm aware of:

Orion P6.2 components 3ohms (and C series)

Soundstream Edge EGC.6 3ohms (and other series as well)

Image Dynamics Chameleon series 2 or 4ohms

What others do you know of? thanks

boston z and pro series are 3ohms. supposedly some of the best comps out there and they take a ton of power. ive never heard em so i cant comment on what they sound like.

boston z and pro series are 3ohms. supposedly some of the best comps out there and they take a ton of power. ive never heard em so i cant comment on what they sound like.

They sound good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The Boston Z6 are probably the best comps I've heard to date, and the Pro's sound pretty awesome aswell.

Resonant Engineering XXX mids are 2ohm.

Why are you limiting yourself to 2ohm and 3ohm components? IMHO you should pick speakers based on how they sound, not their impedence.

Thanks

I'm really not basing my sole objective on finding low impedence components, its just another thing to consider since whatever I get will be powered by a modest 75x2 watts (but a mildly but noticeable 100-150 watts if using 2-3 ohm speakers). If I come across something I prefer thats 4ohms I'd definately get that.

i had the same dilemme cuz my amp only puts out 2x50@4ohms. so i got the 2ohm chameleons and theyre doing pretty well with 100w each.

Yea Bostons are 3 ohm. I've had them and they scream. Handles so much power I don't think they ever have enough power. But they gotta come out with some silk Pro Series tweeters, they get extremely harsh.

sorry for thread jacking, but

Z6SYS.JPG

looking at the picture, do u have to run these coaxially like that?

cdt audio ef-61 are 3.2ohms (listed at 4ohms) but I got my handy-dandy multimeter out to check them hehe. They are really nice speakers too.

You measured the DCR (DC resistance) with the multimeter, which is different than their rated nominal impedence. DCR is constant, nominal impedence is an average of what load the driver will present to the amp over it's normal operating range. A speakers DCR will always be lower than it's nominal impedence.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

klassic

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
klassic
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date