2ohm 90w components powered by 150w 2ohm amp? OK or no?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Usualsuspect
10+ year member

I have 2 sets of JBL P660C's 90w RMS@2ohm I want to have hooked up to a RF R600-4D 150w/4@2ohm....am I going to fry these speakers? or will it be OK if the gain on the amp is turned down? I bought the amp and then bought the speakers and didn't notice they were 2ohm....I know...total newb....I don't want to have to ship the speakers back because that will cost me a fortune.

It is a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS...4v preouts....I'm assuming this is a decent head unit??? Everything is scheduled to be installed tomorrow.
honestly I can't give you a yes or a no b/c I am not installing your system. if your HU is sending a clean un-clipped, undistorted (

honestly I can't give you a yes or a no b/c I am not installing your system. if your HU is sending a clean un-clipped, undistorted (
LOL on the "sound of wind"....I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case...thanks for your help.

LOL on the "sound of wind"....I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case...thanks for your help.
no prob. if you're installing or your bringing it some where make sure they gain match with a o-scope or dd1. i've used both and personally I prefer the DD1 due to ease of reading. either will work fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Usualsuspect

10+ year member
Usualsuspect
Puyallup, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from