Getting everything I can out of my sub.

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
Hey, everybody. My friends came up to me the other day - they told me that they'll be having a soccer game in a nearby town, and there's always a guy who shows up there with his supposedly 'sh*tty' system cranked up, and they wanted me to come to the game tonight to show him up. Challenge accepted.

Now, I have no idea what this guy is running - according to my friends, it sounds terrible and weak, but I want to be sure I can take him. I'm running my SA-15 on about 900 watts, and I think it sounds pretty good. It gets loud (I'm ready to upgrade though) and it sounds pretty good doing so. I'm louder than most people around here, but I'm just not sure what this guy is running. So, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Basically, what I'm asking is this: What are some of the ways that I can squeeze every bit of sound out of my 15 tonight? Does anybody know of anything small I can do so I can get it as loud as I can? Just for a few hours?

lol.... street challanges...... what side is your port on......?
Sub/port back. I've tried playing with the position, didn't make a huge difference.

Last minute layer of sound deadening! Also dont bump at all until the challenge, let your alt fully charge up your batteries.
Aye aye, Cap'n!

Charge your batteries fully and rev your engine up to like 2 grand to keep your alt at full output when you beat.
Great idea. I've got lights at my feet that sometimes dim when I'm pushing the system too hard, they're really sensitive to voltage drop. If I kept my RPMS at like 2K, think I could turn the volume up a few clicks more as long as I'm not dropping too badly?

well what ever side you ports on have him sit in your vehicle on the oppisite side that the ports are on, close his door and roll his window up. Then open the other front door, this will put all the sound pressure on his side of the vehicle. For Example(IF YOU GUYS DO A SIT IN CONTEST). Say your port(s) are on the driver side of the vehicle, have him sit in your passenger seat with the passenger door & window closed up. You sit or stand on the drivers side and open the drivers door only all the way and roll down the drivers side window only, then turn it on. This also helps with term lab numbers if you compete a org that lets you open door(s).

do you have a trunk install or suv type setup?
Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, it's in a trunk. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Go get a bunch of firecrackers and set it under his seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Go get a bunch of firecrackers and set it under his seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I could technically say I got a bailout. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

what.... trunks can be loud to..... my wifes trunk build is pretty loud. its in my sig. just saying
Yeah, I know. I think I'm gonna go subs back, port to the drivers side when I get my 2 12s. Really hoping to blow my current system out of the water.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.