2nd Sub system within a system? Anyone ever seen one?

Okay gotcha. But sounds like you need to upgrade your mids to cover 60+ hz. Or even a 3 way front stage with dedicated midbass woofers, midrange, and tweeters.

I haven't read all the comments on this thread but I have to put my 2 cents in. I agree strongly that you should never mix and match different drivers but I have done it. Years ago when I was first getting into car audio I had 2 10"jl W0v3's and 2 12 " jl W0v3s in my 1994 F150. At the time I had no idea this was a bad idea and despite it definatly being a bad idea I liked how it sounded... a lot. The 12s were down firing in the middle of the rear seat and the 10s were squished on the sides firing toward the front seat. I had the 10's crossed over from 50 to 200 hz and the 12s from 20-80. I had some nice mid bass and then when it went deep the bass migrated to the center and the effect was really cool. I did a lot of other things that I'm honestley to embarrassed to mention but all in all I really like the way the build sounded. That being said I would still never do it again. I think the reason it didnt sound horrible is because the 10s and 12s have the same driver only different cone size so the 2 different sizes didnt stand out as much as it could have. Regardless you asked if anyone had done this and had to share my story

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.