2nd Sub system within a system? Anyone ever seen one?

stecxxNstones

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all new here? not sure if this is the correct place for this. But here goes: I already have two 10s infinity's driven by the pioneer 5300T. nice clean, solid, sound,
pioneer 5300T. they pound good, but not reaching full potential (box/speakers) I Want to ad to that (2) 15's TXXBD4s Audio-pipes each
driven by its own amp? Hifonics Brutus at 1 ohm. if possible. Original design was to be a blow-through, but now I'm thinking just buy pre-built box
and seat in the back that way no cutting of truck. Anyway has anyone ever seen or done this kind of setup? am i crazy? suggestions for wiring and box size
brand??

Thanks

dont add, replace. what vehicle? budget? how much room do you want to give up for a box? WxHxD?

Different spec drivers sharing the same alignment is a big no-no in all audio applications without extensive trial and error testing with professional engineering equipment.

If it lacks somewhere, change out equipment. Unless theyre kappa perfects, Infinity drivers are not really meant to be low end monsters that rattle the fillings out of your teeth while maintaining a flat output, but they can be reinforced with a properly spec'd and placed enclosure to emphasize that portion of the frequency spectrum, however, it is my opinion that those specific drivers might be better suited for attaining a desireable linear response instead of beating up your ears.

If you want the best of both of those worlds, you chould probably look into products from adire, jl, or image dynamics, for example.

Lol. I remember doing this when I first got a stereo system as a youngster. I had an infinity basslink, and it wasn’t enough, so I added a cheap P. Miller bazooka 12 into the mix. Terrible results.

Okay, okay, I was just asking a question, and certainly not (trolling, what does that even mean?) anyway; It's not for competition. Its strictly for my sole enjoyment, (I commute daily and only thing worse that no stereo is listening to a crappy one). And I don't think everyone understood what I meant when I asked the question originally.

The only why I can describe it would be to call it a sleeper system. Original setup was to add the 15's to the system in a 6th order blow through, Box design from D4SD and have the 10s cut out when the 15s are active. All I wanted to know was if this had ever been done or was possible? As for wanting the pre-made box I just wanted to the hear the 15s play, me being impatient.

Truck: 04' Ram 1500 quad cab
dual battery
lizard skin doors, roof, floor
500g ssd
big 3 1/0
240 amp alt. mech man
HU: pioneer avh600ex, xm/nav
amp 1 4 ch pioneer gm6200
amp 2 mono pioneer gm7200
amp 3 Hifonics Brutus 3000
amp 4 Hifonics Brutus 3000
dash: kicker ks 3.5s 2way
front doors: Focal 6x9 component isu 690
Rear doors: Focal 6.25 component
Subs: Infinity kappa series dvc 10s
Subs: Audiopipe TXX-BD4-15
800w power inverter

Okay, okay, I was just asking a question, and certainly not (trolling, what does that even mean?) anyway; It's not for competition. Its strictly for my sole enjoyment, (I commute daily and only thing worse that no stereo is listening to a crappy one). And I don't think everyone understood what I meant when I asked the question originally.

The only why I can describe it would be to call it a sleeper system. Original setup was to add the 15's to the system in a 6th order blow through, Box design from D4SD and have the 10s cut out when the 15s are active. All I wanted to know was if this had ever been done or was possible? As for wanting the pre-made box I just wanted to the hear the 15s play, me being impatient.

Truck: 04' Ram 1500 quad cab
dual battery
lizard skin doors, roof, floor
500g ssd
big 3 1/0
240 amp alt. mech man
HU: pioneer avh600ex, xm/nav
amp 1 4 ch pioneer gm6200
amp 2 mono pioneer gm7200
amp 3 Hifonics Brutus 3000
amp 4 Hifonics Brutus 3000
dash: kicker ks 3.5s 2way
front doors: Focal 6x9 component isu 690
Rear doors: Focal 6.25 component
Subs: Infinity kappa series dvc 10s
Subs: Audiopipe TXX-BD4-15
800w power inverter
Unfortunatly; there's probably nothing we can do or say to make you change your mind about this.
tenor.gif

What are you trying to gain by having 10" subwoofers and 15" subwoofers and them not play at the same time? Not understanding this at all.

The 10s, were added long before I had the funds for the 15s, and blow through. The 10s were originally to help
out as mid bass and I could still play loud somewhat when in town. But since the 10s would in no way keep up
with the 15s, but can hit most the frequencies from 250hz to 50hz and the 15's handle the 60 to 32hz range.
Plus I could cut them out, (the 10's, by killing the remote signal to that amp) and really enjoy my system. As I said, its for my own selfish sonic pleasure. And I've only seen something close to this when I went to sema a few years ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.