2nd battery option

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
adding a 2nd battery

not going to use an AGM battery,,

I have not found a reasonably cost AGM battery in the 96R that fits in the front of a 2012 mustang so i will be using a standard battery

so if using a non AGM battery in the back what would be a good option to go with

not a bad option but not wanting to change out the 96Rstarting battery quite yet,,

already spending enough on the sons car stereo now,, not wanting to spend an additional $450+ to replace the front battery and add an AGM to the back

but if a standard lead acid battery marine 12v battery or auto battery , what would you go with

once the 96R battery in the front needs to be replaced I will go back with AGM in the front band back

I will then use the battery I am going to buy to go in a boat or trolling motor battery later,

We are getting ready to start the build so I will probably have a lot of questions. I have not done a stereo install in 25 years

so far the equipment we have bought already
JVC 750bt head unit
Dayton DSP 408
focal iss 165 components
focal iss 130 components

sub woofer still deciding on using two 10 inch or three 8 inch subs
max outside box measurements 34 wide 11 high 17 deep

us acoustics barbara ann 4x100 watt
us acoustics mike 1500 watt mono amp
pioneer premier gm-x422 2x35 watt was planning on only using one set of tweeters
2/0 welding cable for power wire
using 14 gauge OFC speaker wire
various fuse and distribution blocks

I also have laying around a linear power 2202 and an alpine 3527 if I need to use

If there is something else I missed or better options that what direction we are going please let me know

You can always keep the starting battery as is and run a line directly from alternator to battery thats not under the hood. Make it a agm and use one battery for starting and normal stuff and seperate battery straight for audio

Sorry
I did not read one of the reply’s close enough

I think I have it figured out.

I really do thank y’all for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.