2014 Accord Sport SQ Build keep_hope_alive

Some responses in red above.

Thanks!
absorption is increased with thickness or density or both. most cars are limited to 2 inch available depth on the back wall anyway. it is difficult to compress batt insulation and have it hold its shape in a bag. the ceiling tiles are ideal and nearly identical to acoustical wall panels we use on walls for sound absorption anyway. You could use two or three layers to get more thickness without the pillow Effect. the main concern is interference with the window movement and linkage. loose bags have been problematic. The compressed ceiling tiles are ideal.

Makes sense. I don't currently run drivers in my doors (Kicks vented to exterior), but my wife's car will. I'm working on a build in her corolla so I'll give it a shot there.

AlpineSetup.jpg

Getting ready

I have a question about those plastic speaker mounting adapters for your mids? I have 2011 Honda Accord and I was going to make some mdf rings. Are you actually saying that those Scosche rings do a good job? What do you mean the mdf rings resonate. I always thought mdf was better for a strong, solid mount.

I have a question about those plastic speaker mounting adapters for your mids? I have 2011 Honda Accord and I was going to make some mdf rings. Are you actually saying that those Scosche rings do a good job? What do you mean the mdf rings resonate. I always thought mdf was better for a strong, solid mount.
note that i applied a liberal mount of sound deadening to the plastic rings and added foam seals. my end product does not look like a simple plastic adapter.

my point wasn't that MDF resonates but that it more efficiently transfers vibration energy into the door because it has more surface area contact.

Getting ready

...to sell me that H701/C701 ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I actually have an H701, but need a RUX. If you come across one, please let me know. Of course I could always buy a complete combo and then sell my H701 as well.

I currently run the H800/C800 in my car and the H701 will go in the wife's car. The alpine's are very nice.

Quick question for you-

Where do you get your pvc plastic sheeting from for encasing the fiberglass batt? Are you looking for specific properties of it?

I'm gathering the supplies needed this weekend.

Thanks

So, if I "deaden" my rings, will I be o.k.? Components are Focal 165v30. I plan to mount in a similar fashion to what you have done. Keep the build logs and updates coming. You won't believe how much I've learned from following your threads.

Quick question for you-
Where do you get your pvc plastic sheeting from for encasing the fiberglass batt? Are you looking for specific properties of it?

I'm gathering the supplies needed this weekend.

Thanks
painters drop cloth, 1 mil thickness. $3 for a bag.

the key is keeping it thin, around 1 mil. i seal with packing tape and secure with aluminum foil tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if I "deaden" my rings, will I be o.k.? Components are Focal 165v30. I plan to mount in a similar fashion to what you have done. Keep the build logs and updates coming. You won't believe how much I've learned from following your threads.
yep, deaden the rings and they'll be great. if i thought MDF would be better, i would have built mounts with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'm happy my builds are helpful - i share to inspire.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

...to sell me that H701/C701 ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I actually have an H701, but need a RUX. If you come across one, please let me know. Of course I could always buy a complete combo and then sell my H701 as well.
I currently run the H800/C800 in my car and the H701 will go in the wife's car. The alpine's are very nice.
my DVA-9861 will control the H701, as will several other Alpine HU's, so that is one option. Get her a W505 or something.

how do you like/compare the H800 to the H701? i like the smaller controller in the C800.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome attention to every little detail. I noticed you were using machinist rulers this is all I use as well. My longest rule goes up to 60". I don't trust tape measures unless you measure from the 1 inch graduation but never the tip. All my woodworking tools have wixey digital scales for high repeatable accuracy.

Awesome attention to every little detail. I noticed you were using machinist rulers this is all I use as well. My longest rule goes up to 60". I don't trust tape measures unless you measure from the 1 inch graduation but never the tip. All my woodworking tools have wixey digital scales for high repeatable accuracy.
Thanks. Yes, i don't trust tape measures unless tolerances are high. i have a 36" but would like one at least 50".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...