2014 Accord Sport SQ Build keep_hope_alive

Have you done anything to it lately.
i drive it daily and enjoy it every time. the car sounds really good. better than anything before it.

i've had a lot of other projects in the interim.

spent a week in northern WI for a wedding

IMG_20140926_141741_625.jpg

wired a log home for my cousin over two weekends

IMG_20141005_142151_446.jpg

IMG_20141005_142324_303.jpg

tore the wife's Camry 2.4L engine apart to fix cylinder head bolt issues

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

built a TL enclosure for an 8" for a buddy's wife's new charger

IMG_20141101_185203_851.jpg

IMG_20141102_242909_361.jpg

added a JBL MS-8 to a buddy's ride

IMG_20141102_183627_450.jpg

wired up a large-scale train setup for fund raising (kid controls let children control the trains) - 50 hours in past 10 days. done this every winter for the past 9 years. controls were redone by me this year with new circuits and timers for control.

IMG_20141118_193802_379.jpg

IMG_20141118_193932_881.jpg

IMG_20141118_193848_621.jpg

this weekend i head to WI to find something larger than my last buck

buck.jpg

I see you've been busy lately. I was just curious if you finished it.
"finished" is relative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I did put a Viper 5706V alarm/remote start in. that was easy.

now that I have a PXA-H701 and the RUX-C701 - that will be my next effort. the controller will go into the sunglasses holder location (similar to my 2001). the H701 brain will go in the trunk - it will be hidden.

a small amp will be added for rear fill - now that i have the processing to make it worthwhile.

the HU will likely be swapped out for the DVA-9860 so I can run fiber optic to the rear. and once i have a DVD player, a video interface will let me feed the 8" screen in the dash with the DVD video output.

after all that, i'll redo the sub enclosure - likely to go back to IB though i may still consider corner fiberglass sealed.

i also need to get the amp rack beauty cover made - not a huge undertaking and i have what i need.

i may also add relays that let the factory HU power all of the speakers (through the Mille passives) and also relays that deactivate/activate the active noise cancelling system (ANC). the reason for all that would be a single switch that killed power to the Audison and transferred speaker power to the HU and activated ANC so the BT phone calls would be as clear as factory. one downside of ANC defeat and external amps/processing is the BT calls aren't as noise-free as they were. that's to be expected when you bypass noise cancelling components and add time delay. i already have to change inputs to AUX when a call comes in, a switch wouldn't be a big deal.

Boy those last two cars look oddly familiar, look forward to finishing the ms8 and helping with your car..... lol didnt even show all the pretty under cosmetic fixes we did. And our excellent carpeting job.

Boy those last two cars look oddly familiar, look forward to finishing the ms8 and helping with your car..... lol didnt even show all the pretty under cosmetic fixes we did. And our excellent carpeting job.
the carpeting job on that 8" TL box is horrid. it keeps me up some nights.

what is it that u used to coupled the mlv with? do u have a link for that stuff, thank u
mlv is DB3 available at Home Depot (free shipping)

dB-3 4 ft. x 8 ft. Acoustical Barrier-DB348X96BX at The Home Depot

CCF sheets are Ensolite from Raamaudio

Ensolite IUO Peel and Stick --- 1 yard (13.875 sq ft) - RAAMaudio Inc.

Deadener is Rammaudio BXT II

yellow stuff (seen in build log inside doors) is compressed fiberglass from ceiling tiles ($6 for a 2'x4' piece) that is wrapped in 1mil plastic sheeting (painters drop cloth). adding sound absorption to the door is vital to a great system (CCF doesn't absorb sound effectively)

Oh ok I thought the vinyl would be all black or darker looking lol my bad lol
some products are. the stuff i'm using has a layer on it. i'm using it because it was very affordable and had free shipping. it's 0.75lb/sq.ft. MLV. 1lb/sq.ft. MLV won't make a noticeable difference. 0.5lb/sq.ft. MLV would also be sufficient.

some products are. the stuff i'm using has a layer on it. i'm using it because it was very affordable and had free shipping. it's 0.75lb/sq.ft. MLV. 1lb/sq.ft. MLV won't make a noticeable difference. 0.5lb/sq.ft. MLV would also be sufficient.
Mass Loaded Vinyl | Soundproofing Materials

they are local but im not sure if i need this much for my 4 doors i would only need 2 of the home depot rolls correct.

Automotive Soundproofing | Auto Sound Damping | Car Audio

this company is also local but im not sure how much their stuff is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...