2011 Challenger Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
Like riding a bicycle. Right back in there like you never forgot.
Great looking work so far. Does the new sub perform well in the t-line?
Thanks. Box building is box building. If you have access to the tools, the rest can be figured out fairly easy.

It performs very well. It'll hit 28hz and move my daughters hair a little, but really comes alive at 36-37Hz. However it is not performing so well since I changed the port to front facing. I'm getting some serious cancellation issues having the port next to the sub like that. I lost all of the gain it was getting from the trunk also, so I'm going to port it through the rear deck like it was before. That was my original design and it sounded great then. The design has changed a few times and may change a few more. It's fluid at this point. It's part of the fun for me.

Thanks. Box building is box building. If you have access to the tools, the rest can be figured out fairly easy.
It performs very well. It'll hit 28hz and move my daughters hair a little, but really comes alive at 36-37Hz. However it is not performing so well since I changed the port to front facing. I'm getting some serious cancellation issues having the port next to the sub like that. I lost all of the gain it was getting from the trunk also, so I'm going to port it through the rear deck like it was before. That was my original design and it sounded great then. The design has changed a few times and may change a few more. It's fluid at this point. It's part of the fun for me.
Couldn't really see by your pics what was going on when you ported out through that hole. You'll have to take better pictures when you figure out a way to get the port moved.

Couldn't really see by your pics what was going on when you ported out through that hole. You'll have to take better pictures when you figure out a way to get the port moved.
Hopefully these pics will shed some light. It was an easy move that took a few minutes to make. I originally had the port exiting through the top of the box and put in a piece to block off the top and open the front. I just removed it, covered the piece in vinyl, and positioned it to block the front to open the top back up. The port now is open to the factory sub hole as it was at the start of this whole thing. Cancellation issues are now gone and all is well.

dkkojAW.jpg

mi8EYPg.jpg

YLvaGYV.jpg

Been a while since I updated, but she is still getting worked on. The stock head unit is gone. In it's place is a Clarion CZ702. Not the best out there, but lightyears ahead of the factory and the 5V preouts, time alignment and parametric EQ are nice. It also has a 3 way mode for running an active setup once I get my 4 channel amp.

gzk1IFB.jpg

The factory door speakers were replaced with a set of precision power sedona 6.5 components. No pics, but the door panel is still factory for now so nothing to see other than a flush mounted tweeter.

I also finally started on the vanity panel for the box in the trunk. I have resined the fleece and now need to lay a layer or two of glass mat. I'm going to smooth out the lines so they are not so sharp. This will probably be painted and upholstered to break it up a little, in addition to having the holes for the windows cut out. I'll post more updates as they come.

7iaSf4R.jpg

9BgOxUu.jpg

VBAoc75.jpg

Not sure anybody is looking, but I got the vanity panel finished this weekend. I decided to not go the painted route for this one. The gray is lighter than the factory trunk color, but it is what I had on hand that didn't require a 2 hour round trip during the week since they are closed on the weekend. I may recover it at some point or add some kind of contrast to it. I have to add the four channel amp for highs and mids on a floating mount like the monoblock. It will get mounted on the driver side and I will be setting it up to run active. I also have to make the port cover for the back deck in the rear window.

gF2iShH.jpg

5dc2jmI.jpg

I'm going to call this one done. I picked up a RF r250x4 at a decent price and I am using it for the highs and mids, until I get the extra to get the pioneer 8604. I am running the whole setup actively since the headunit has more than enough capability and if you are on the fence about going active, you won't regret it. I gutted the car last week and ran sky high cable for the speakers. I also finalized all of the wiring and tied it into place. I am setting up at a car show in a couple of weeks to promote the audio business.

Here are the finished pictures of the trunk. I have a little tuning left to do, but I'll call it done for now. Thanks for tuning in along the way.

wldtQz4.jpg

bPKFZEq.jpg

Dt3wDWh.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.