2007 silverado with bose but no onstar, rp5-gm11

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tinboye

I have a 2007 silverado LS with classic body trim, it has full bose system, but no steering wheel control, navigation or onstar.

I purchased the RP5-gm11 so i could run my double din pioneer avh270bt unit. Previously i had a LCGM24 harness wired to the deck and had sound and door chimes, it works with the bose, but when I try to hook up an external amp and sub it does not work. So i purchased this rp5-GM11 Kit off amazon, once i have this wired I get zero sound, door chime works, so i know the module is working. i set the dial to 7 for pioneer/other before plugging the harness into the module as instructed. I used this same harmess in my wife's van with a boss double din and it worked fine.

on the harness is a brown wire and the instructions say

"The Mute loop (if not cut) will turn the accessory output off when an OnStar or Bluetooth call is made or received. If the aftermarket radio has a mute input cut this loop and connect the outer brown wire to the mute input."

the wiring harness on my deck does not have this brown wire or yellow with black stripe for muting when a call is received. I do not want to just cut this loop as if this module wont work with my vehicle then I can return it.

Has anyone had experience with this harness or setup and know what might be the issue? I even factory reset the deck after it was all installed to see if retained memory may have done something. But still no sound.

I want to be able to run my factory bose speakers along with my own subs and amp.

i'm not super familiar with the exact products you're using, so i hope others chime in.

first thing to check is that the factory amp is getting power and a turn-on signal from the Pioneer.  I believe that means the blue-white remote turn-on should be used. please verify.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.