Headunit Subwoofer RCA

Participant count
  • Participant list

cas0586

WV
 The head unit I will be using in my current build only has one single subwoofer RCA output(not a L&R pair). The amplifier being used is an Orion XTR1500.1 which has a L&R input. Is it necessary to use a Y splitter or is the amplifier going to sum the inputs anyways? If only using a mono RCA cable does it matter which input(L or R) I use on the amplifier?

the manual will clarify, but most mono amps will work just fine on just one input (usually use the left input).  the gain will need to be increased slightly to compensate since the amp will sum the two normally.  a Y-splitter is not necessary unless you had a stereo (or multi-channel) amp and wanted to use both channels or bridge them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.