- Dual XS Power D4700

- 2/0 excelelene cable for power/ground

Speakers:

- Tweeters: still up in air have some to try though

- Mids: FR88EX

- Midbass: SLS 8

- Subs: Two FI Q12 D1's

- Rear: None

I am still gathering pieces but should have the altenator this week and installed this weekend. It will be a slow but fruitful build as it will be my first time in this wattage range, and my first time with the SLS 8 as a midbass.

Some pics of the equipment:

Got some work done over the weekend.

Installed HO altenator, 2/0 supply and dedicated 1/0 ground to batteries. Wasnt gonna run a dedicated ground but I had the 1/0, so yeah.

attaching Cable Lugs

Connections at altenator

Buttoned Back up

Ran cables under the car

Nice equipment choices. Should sound pretty good and get fairly loud.

Off topic but how did you like the PPI speakers in your sig? I've been looking at them for a long time, and they seem good, just haven't heard many reviews.

tat2Bass;

I love the PPI mid and tweet. The tweets are typical metal domes, very accurate, a lil harsh on some recordings but overall some of the nicest "car audio" tweets ive used. Sound great on the dash pointed firing into the glass @ 4K and up. I actually picked them up from a member here for cheap, thats why im using a different midbass....but id recommend the PC3.65c component set to anyone looking for an easy three way set up. Check out DIYMA.com for reviews on the 3.65c's......word to the wise the SS version is not no nice from what ive read.

Got the box built this weekend. 3.2 cubes @ 31HZ. I went a little smaller on the enclosure due to space, port size (14.75 inches of port per cube), and Sound quality. Should be +/-1.5 DB down to 30z or so before cabin gain.

Used aruaco cabinet grade pine. Relatively void free stuff and much cleaner than MDF. As a bonus, pine is a softer wood so, with some torque, drywall screws will self countersink. I have been using this stuff for years over MDF. its 23/32 and 35 bucks a sheet. No one has ever told me it sounds any different than MDF.

The supplies and my helper:

Cutting the baffles:

Got the port put together.

Center brace with air holes

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

wrapped it up and put some blue spray paint on the baffle. not sure if the painted piece will be showing and will need to sand it some if so, but the color matches the dustcaps.

Totally forgot to post these up... Got the box in on monday, as well as started figuring out my battery mounting and amp racks. I plan to get the batts connected and at least the bbase amp rack in.. the Ruby and the 800.4 will run horixontally across the trunk with the 210.2 and 340.4 mounted vertically to the sides. I gotta check out the prices of 1/8 inch plexi locally as I want to make the amps visible an backlight...

On a side note.... anyone now where to but frosted lokking decals to go over plexiglass????? I seen steve meade do this and it looked amazing..... thinking of "SS" logos over the amps but in that frosted look so the lights hit it.... If you get what I mean, lol.

Box in.... got 2x2'x beaten in underneath it to level it... willl do some L brackets this weekend.... it is solid a fawk as it sits thogh.

From the back

What I started with for the batteries.. I went the D4700 route as I installed one about a month ago in the stock location..... now I have two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

built this pannel to hold the battereies. I added another 2x2 on each side for lateral movement.... the amp rack wil stop vertical movement. not that Illl be jumping any hills soon.

Ill get some more work done this saturday as the wifey works all day and I dont.

Got the amp layout decided. big amps across the floor under plexi... mids/highs amps on the back of the box flush... I plan to use some foam and rubber washers to limit vibrations.

MAde some cover panels for the amps. made out of 1/8" ply... two layers. one base and one to flush the plexiglass.

I am waiting for my plexiglass to get here and some funds to make some fabric purchases.... I am going to go with black microsuede as my accent fabric in the car and the entire trunk will be in it V. the yellow leather...I have all the fuses i need and wiring so got lots O that to do.

Also got some questions, if your following:

----should I go with two or three 80MM fans in the center of the amp rack or sapce them out two on the sides and one in the center? I would prefer to go with two fans in the center of the rack between the big amps.

----should i put my mids in the kicks? I have read about the benefits... its there or on the pillar.... if I put the mids in the kicks... the RS28's will most likely be cross firing in the pillars. I worry about volume with the FR88's down low like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.