2007 Cobalt SS N/A-3K RMS-SQL build

After a long break, I finally got back to this thread and finishing my project. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Been a while. Some work I got done over the thanks giving holidays:

Put the mids and tweet amps in, wired them:

BK340.4 for the FR88's

BK210.2 for XT25SC90

I am trying to make a conscious effort to keep my wires in good order and semi organized

Like I said, semi-organized

Put carpet on the amp rack and got it installed....Ran 2/0 direct to the RUB2500.1, 300 amp fuse

Also got the stock trunk carpet in to cover the trunk walls.

messed with installing my mid-range test pods....decided for a kick panel install as I've heard all the benny's but never done one. Please let me know your thoughts on the aiming and such... I will be playing with point of aim before glassing them, plus i need to get the system as a whole completely installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

clearance with foot on dead pedal

passenger side, still need to install mid and grill cloth it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to go with my dayton RS28A tweets I used in the car last time... For sheer volume I figured they would work better than a 3/4 inch tweet. Also tried the CA glue trick on my pillars. Holy crap batman, much easier than fiberglassing... They are pointed a little down, not sure how it will affect stage yet, may change them or may not...

------my hope is the off axis response of the metal dome will help with the wrong point of aim I ended up with..... Not going to body fill them till I hear the thing as a whole.

ow for my mids I purchased a set of Peerless HDS glass fiber cone 4 inch mids. Again for volume and low end crossover point, plus, I wanted the bump in efficiency. I may do a review on these as I couldn't find jack on how or what they sounded like.

heres the mid:

Didnt get many pics of making my kicks, still need to listen and aim more. Right now I have them aimed at the sunroof handle.

------With foot on clutch pedal

------from passenger seat

Back in da trunk, I managed to get the two vertical beauty panels cut out. I need to get the center one cut and all of them covered. Right now though, I am more concerned with getting everything audible.

Tomorrow I will be working on aiming the mids and fiberglassing the front of the pods so i can get the front stage playing music. from there I will start working on getting the midbasses installed and the door panels in.

some miscellaneous stuff:

Door panel cut for clearance:

Midbass ring:

Been a while but have been getting some work in. See pics, give me some thoughts. thanks.

Major changes to set-up:

1. removed rub2500D; added Exile XI2500.1

2. Removed 4" mids, added 5.5 Silverflutes.

3. scrapped the infinite baffle in the door for sls 8's. fabricating pods instead.

4. Sh*t is loud a f**k. The subs way over power the front stage.

PICS:

-Added toggle switched for windows in the center.

-bought a dashmat, embroidered for the wifey. still need to make tweeter mounts and glass the pillar.

- passenger kick. Need to do some more sanding and filling. Will be black vinyl.

So this is what i did to the door cards.

I then made a mold with tape ( will get a pic on the pass side) ; then glassed the cavity and made this. painted for reduction of ugliness only, will be vinyl.

On to the trunk:

Got somemore work in. Still have alot to do. Also order some RS225-8's... gonna mount 'em and see which I like better in my enclosures.

Build pics of glass enclosure in door:

FYI; I know i have to recover the midbass pod on the drivers side. Laid it face first in some mulch and it dented the vinyl...I will be getting to it in the future after everything else is done. Toda7y i will be getting teh 8" speaker grills in for the midbasses. As well will be testing the RS225 VS the SLS.

Time for an update:

So I tore out the yellow and put in black velvet on the trim panels, door inserts and center console. I picked up a set of Morel maximo comps and used the tweeters on the pillars....saved me a bunch of time on making rings doing filler work...I really wanted a stereo lol. I also settled on the Zaph ZA midranges for the kick panels. They sound great and handle the volume well. 87DB @1w/1m which makes up for the sound loss in the kicks. have them High passed @250. I think I need to redo the drivers kick and squeeze a little more airspace out of it... in the future lol. So time for some pics.

- I am going to save some coin and buy new carpet for the car,, it just looks ragged next to the velvet.

Also I picked up a hella good deal on a sundown SAZ3500D. So I splurged and got it. It of course is way too much for any kinda of staging in the car but I like to do the SPL stuff as well... The FI q's love it... Also ordered a MECHMAN 240 S series alt, should be here this week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.