2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Tragik, are the subs breaking in? I'm wondering how you gained with less power.[/QUOTE]

you want a answer? or you gonna make some **** up? @LosIsATool

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Omg can you not read?? He said he moved his seat and sub enclosure.[/QUOTE]

I don't bother to read a lot of times expect a direct answer and if not he has every right not to bother

I dont run any sealed classes, so I haven't tested this car sealed up since the first time. I will eventually test that way, but there's not much reason to spend a lot of time doing that.

Did some more testing prior to the show and found another .5 in it.

Angled the back seats and got another .2.

Moved the meter a hair, and found a little more. In this org's outlaw class, the meter can be almost anywhere forward of the front seats.

Trimmed back some insulation on the firewall and gained some more.

Adjusting port length gained a little.

I've got a few ideas on finding a couple more free tenths, but day two of this show is today so they'll have to wait to another time. Also I'll probably resin the box in January when I'll have a couple months between shows and see what that gets me. And my box builder is going to build me a test box that isn't quite as wide to see what that does.

Looking for a 57 outlaw this season. The music average class, I'll be happy to get a 52 or so in. That class is just a "something to do" class for me, and it follows the same rules for meter placement as the outlaw class.

Another show this weekend, and a couple problems.

Show this weekend was a 2x points and 3x points event, all in one. I took 1st in both classes in both events.

As for the problems, I'm still on the loaner SCV-7500 amp. Will have some Crescendo 12k updates this week (I hope).

Problem 2....There's a 12 inch rip in the right rear quarter panel. I've got one more show this coming Sunday, and I'll be tearing the car apart to fix that after this show. Pics of that coming later.

The rip cost me 1db. Tape and a couple guys holding the panel got most of it back.

Removed the interior and here's a view of the rip from the inside

Welded it up and foamed the whole 1/4...

Put everything back together, and replaced the Sundown amp with a DC 9.0K. Clamping 800 watts more (same rise as I had previously), my score went down to a 53.9. Likely due to everything that changed with the 1/4 panel.

53.9 isn't going to win shows, so back to the drawing board I went.

Pulled everything back out and decided to do what I should have done to begin with. Pulled the third row seats out and mounted my batteries there.

Also remade the amp rack so I'd get a little more room to slide the box further forward.

All the work was well worth it and got me this...

Still have a lot of work of work to do to get the numbers I want. Still shooting for a 157 before finals in September.

Since my last update, I was accepted on Team DC...something I was working towards towards since I had my Civic. Pretty excited about that.

Removed the interior and here's a view of the rip from the inside

Welded it up and foamed the whole 1/4...

Put everything back together, and replaced the Sundown amp with a DC 9.0K. Clamping 800 watts more (same rise as I had previously), my score went down to a 53.9. Likely due to everything that changed with the 1/4 panel.

53.9 isn't going to win shows, so back to the drawing board I went.

Pulled everything back out and decided to do what I should have done to begin with. Pulled the third row seats out and mounted my batteries there.

Also remade the amp rack so I'd get a little more room to slide the box further forward.

All the work was well worth it and got me this...

Still have a lot of work of work to do to get the numbers I want. Still shooting for a 157 before finals in September.

Since my last update, I was accepted on Team DC...something I was working towards towards since I had my Civic. Pretty excited about that.
Good score money. Only thing I can suggest is phasing but you looking good.

Congrats. What numbers did you get?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
154.8 in the kick (state record), 153.5 on a 30 second music average (state record), and 151.5 sealed on the glass.

My sealed score in testing was a 152.2, so I think I did something wrong at the show. I'll figure that out before this coming weekend show.

Is 155 your goal? Still great overall...
157 in the kick by finals in September is the goal.

The current NSPL world record for that class is 156.1, so I've got to do better than that to stand a chance of winning finals.

Got my *** handed to me at a show in Norfolk a couple weeks ago, and I still can't even get a 155 out of this thing. So it's time for changes.

Ordered a JY lithium 80ah this morning. Picked up a couple XL motors that I was holding onto till I rebuild for no wall next season...but they're probably going in now. So I'll have 6 12's on the single 9k. All in the cargo area so I'll still have the back seat.

That's the new plan anyway. We'll see if it works...

Got my *** handed to me at a show in Norfolk a couple weeks ago, and I still can't even get a 155 out of this thing. So it's time for changes.
Ordered a JY lithium 80ah this morning. Picked up a couple XL motors that I was holding onto till I rebuild for no wall next season...but they're probably going in now. So I'll have 6 12's on the single 9k. All in the cargo area so I'll still have the back seat.

That's the new plan anyway. We'll see if it works...
What are the limitations of your class? On paper adding 2 more subs doesn't help you that much all other things equal and less so if you are limited on box space and need to skimp there to fit them.

Also I think that the false floor with the batteries in being raised like that doesn't help. IF you possibly can when you re-wire your bank, see if you can test with the batteries outside and the box flat on the floor of the vehicle without that battery box under.

What are the limitations of your class? On paper adding 2 more subs doesn't help you that much all other things equal and less so if you are limited on box space and need to skimp there to fit them.
Also I think that the false floor with the batteries in being raised like that doesn't help. IF you possibly can when you re-wire your bank, see if you can test with the batteries outside and the box flat on the floor of the vehicle without that battery box under.
Class restrictions are everything must be in the cargo area, the interior must appear more or less stock (false floor is fine, and removing 3rd row seating is fine), and the tallest part of the box (or subs) must be 12 inches or more from the roof.

On the subs, 2 more 50% increase should get me 1.5db. I'm not betting on that gain with JUST the subs.

I agree on the false floor being raised. Originally the battery bank was in front of the box (and everything was flat on the floor) and I suspected the ports were being choked being so close to the hatch. Moving everything around and raising the floor gained, but I've always suspected if it was flat it would have gained more. Going with lithium and dumping the AGM's will allow me to do that.

I'm fairly certain I can get 6 12's in there in the proper air space with the proper clearance around the box with the lithium batt and moving amps to under the floor, while making the floor flat instead of raised.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.