2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

Wow that must beat your roof and rear hatch to death
It does. Everything that was attached to the headliner (dome lights, etc) has broken off. The windshield and part of the roof that attaches to it is catching hell, but it's hanging in there for now. I suspect both will give me priblems soon.

Originally, I was planning on calling this vehicle after finals, but I'm having to much fun without a wall, I may do no wall next year. I've got 2 more subs to add to it.

Wall or no wall, my initial goal is to get a 160.

Second 9k has been added. Went from 1 aml wired at .33 to two amps wired at .66 each. Got a nice gain. Up .8.

Good for you! Really solid for no-wall numbers out of something that can play music.

Just one of those 80AH lithium hangs with the two 9K amps?

Good for you! Really solid for no-wall numbers out of something that can play music.
Just one of those 80AH lithium hangs with the two 9K amps?
Eh. I need more battery. Another 80ah lith is on my list, and I'll have it in the vehicle before I add 2 more subs and have each amp wired to .5.

On a full tilt 30 second music run (modded music for the class I run...**** near a full 30 second tone), voltage drops to 11.8.

Doing demos, it's 12.8+.

I'm very pleased with 57's. Playing music is a must for me, so I expect to have to throw more power and/or more cone area at it than the burp only guys. It IS in the kick, but it's one of the classes I run. Should do 54's on the glass sealed up...I'll test for that this weekend.

Eh. I need more battery. Another 80ah lith is on my list, and I'll have it in the vehicle before I add 2 more subs and have each amp wired to .5.
On a full tilt 30 second music run (modded music for the class I run...**** near a full 30 second tone), voltage drops to 11.8.

Doing demos, it's 12.8+.

I'm very pleased with 57's. Playing music is a must for me, so I expect to have to throw more power and/or more cone area at it than the burp only guys. It IS in the kick, but it's one of the classes I run. Should do 54's on the glass sealed up...I'll test for that this weekend.
AH. Well if you're only 54 and change legal you have some room to gain still. I was rather wondering what "song" you used to average that close to your burp score. A friend of mine recorded one like that for me but I figured someone would declare shenanigans if I tried to use it.

AH. Well if you're only 54 and change legal you have some room to gain still. I was rather wondering what "song" you used to average that close to your burp score. A friend of mine recorded one like that for me but I figured someone would declare shenanigans if I tried to use it.
Outlaw and music class (also outlaw style) is what I concentrate on now, so those are the numbers I care most about. I run a sealed class too but I don't much care about the sealed class, so I don't try to do much to get sealed numbers up.

The song I use is Box XX (XX being the freq used). Can't remember who made it, but it's legal in the org I run as it's easy for anyone to download.

Been a while since I've updated this, so here's a small one. I added a second JY lithium to the setup. 

NSPL finals is less than two weeks away, so I've been doing everything I can to get every last tenth out of it.  

As of now, it does a 154.6 sealed on the glass, 157.8 in the kick window down, and 156.7 on a 30 second music average (meter in the kick, window down).

I'm pleased with what I've done this season as far as numbers and the build has went.  

For those that didn't realize it, all 6 subs, both 9k amps, the 175.4 amp, and both lithiums are all in the cargo area, and I still have a functional back seat. 

I'd originally planned to wall it next season, but I'm having so much fun with no wall, I'm going to run it at least one more season before walling.

Next season I'll be starting the season by adding two more 12's, and will be shooting for 160 in the kick and 56's on the glass. I'll start a new build log for that after finals.

Below is a video from the Sundown Audio Show a couple weeks ago.  

Here's my finals scores:

157.1 Sealed on the glass
159.7 In the kick, window open
156.9 30 second music average

For finals, I knew I was beat if I didn't do something. So I wired in the dirt. Strapped the amps at .33, so each amp saw .16. Got a lot more power, and a lot higher score.

So pleased with my setup, I'm going to run it another season without adding subs. Will add another 9k amp most likely this year, and run them at 1 ohm daily, and .25 for burps.  Going to try to get a 160 sealed out of it before I change up the setup a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.