2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

Moving everything around and raising the floor gained, but I've always suspected if it was flat it would have gained more. Going with lithium and dumping the AGM's will allow me to do that.
My thoughts exactly. Keep us posted.

How far are the ports from the rear wall ? I didn’t read the whole thread ..is the rear hatch deadened ?
12 or so inches from the rear hatch. It stopped gaining at about 9 inches...I just never moved it back to 9. Wasn't any reason to.

Rear hatch is deadened.

Small update.

Finally got rid of the rest of the Crescendo garbage, and switched over to McLaren mids and super tweets. Should have done this a long time ago. The tweets do a LOT better at keeping up with the sub stage than the old Nendo silk tweets did. For now, I've got 2 mids and 1 super tweet per door. At some point, I'll be going with 4 mids and 2 tweets per door, but that'll be after I get all 6 subs in the car.

Will be swapping out the 90.4 for a 175.4 very soon.

More problems...

Found a couple more ripped panels. One is the same 1/4 panel as last time, but in a different spot that I can't believe tore. Was very little vibration there. Gonna be a pain to fix that one, as I'm almost certain I won't be able to access it from the inside.

The other problem area appears to be the c-pillar. A lot of air can be felt coming out, but there's a plastic cover that covers up the area. Have to disassemble the inside of the car to gain access to the outside. Ugh. So it's either got a crack in the c-pillar, or the window seal let loose.

My JY80 arrived! Perfect timing. Will be pulling everything out this weekend to fix the ripped panels, pulling out 500 pounds of agm's and replacing with 30 pounds of lithium. Hopefully I'll gain a couple mpg with that. Dropping the raised floor down to the same level as the factory floor.

Hoping I'll be able to finally get a 155 with this.

Lithium is in and AGM is out. Dropped the floor down to factory height.

Outlaw score went back up to a 154.8 which I've only done once before and never could duplicate it.

Sealed score went up to 152.3, which is a new best.

30 second music average gained .1.

Adding 2 more 12's within the next month, and hoping to pick the ouaw score up to a 56.0 or so.

Lithium is in and AGM is out. Dropped the floor down to factory height.
Outlaw score went back up to a 154.8 which I've only done once before and never could duplicate it.

Sealed score went up to 152.3, which is a new best.

30 second music average gained .1.

Adding 2 more 12's within the next month, and hoping to pick the ouaw score up to a 56.0 or so.
hows your voltage? any difference?

Updates!

So I had the vehicle "painted" last week. This thing was starting the look rough with the panels that ripped and then repaired. Also had someone hit my car in the hotel parking lot at the TDH show two weeks ago, so it was looking beat up. It ain't perfect now, but a ton better than it was.

Did some testing on the meter after paint, and it did .07 better than it's ever done in testing before. Went to a show yesterday and was extremely surprised with this...

Tested the night before the show, and conditions in testing vs at the show we're nearly identical...but I somehow gained .3. The only thing different was elevation. I've been to that location before and my car has always done the same thing at higher elevation as sea level though, so I dunno.

Regardless, I'm ecstatic to finally get the 55 I've been chasing for months. Everytime I'd get close, I'd rip a panel or have some major issue. I'd fix the problem, and still be down from where I started.

Soon, the four 12's will be getting replaced with 6.

Also, picked up a couple more XL motors today. The plan is to wall it with 8 12's on 2 9k's after finals in September.

Four removed, and six put in!

Gained 1db sealed and outlaw. Gained 1.3 on a 30 second music average. All this was in testing. I expect to gain .2 to .3 at a show, as the car does better once it heats up in the sun.

While it only gained 1db, it FEELS like it gained 3db. It is a night and day difference on how it demos.

Went to a show last Sunday with this, and also did my first grudge match. Guy with a 4 12's wall on two SCV4k's called me out. We did a 1 minute music average run, and he beat me by .1. I did a 154.9 to his 155.0.

As for the classes I ran, I did a 155.3, 30 second music average. And did 156.5 in the kick.

Just ordered another 9k amp, and will be adding it soon. After this season, I originally planned on doing 8 12's on two 9k's, but I may play in no wall. Currently I'm in a no-wall class (sort of), but it's a stock class where everything must remain in the cargo area and everything must appear stock. That will change next season.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.