2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

Finally got my door panels back, got the mids/highs hooked up, and got them half way eq'd. Still gotta work on that last part a little.

Got to play it full tilt a little for the first time today, and I'm mostly pleased with how loud it is to the ear.

Going to do some test and tuning with it on the meter tomorrow. If I can squeeze a 53 outlaw out of it, I'll be taking it to it's first show on Sunday, and a big, 2 day, show next weekend.

And just that quick, the amp let out the magic smoke. Was heading to dinner with the wife, radio at very low volume, and out of no where the amp made a whine/hiss, smoked, and oozed something on the amp rack.

Ugh.

Got a loaner amp from a friend. A SCV-7500. Did a little testing and tuning today.

Lot more tuning to do. Confident I'll get a 55 with this amp. Goal is a 57 outlaw. Will primarily be running a outlaw class this season, so sealed score doesn't matter quite as much to me...but I'll do a little testing with that as well later.

Hah. I didn't elaborate on the "testing and tuning".

Moved the box forward. I suspect it was getting choked off a little initially.

Found a 2nd peak in the vehicle at a much higher frequency. Box rise is likely to be much higher, but cabin efficiency is much better.

Moved seats around.

So lots more rise and a lot more efficiency got me a lot better number.

Still should be a lot more to gain as well.

Haven't played with port length at all yet. With all 3 ports open (I close one off for daily), it's tuned at 37hz. I was burping at 48.

I only moved the box forward 1 inch and got a 1.3 gain with that by itself. Can still go forward another inch.

And should get a decent power increase when I get my amp back.

I'm fairly certain there's another easy 2db left in it. My goal for the season is 157, so I need to find 3dbs.

Took it to it's first show today. Did a 54.5 outlaw and a 51.4 30 second average. 1st place outlaw, 2nd place music average.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.