2000 mercury mystique-first ever custom install and need advice

Well as is usual with a car setup things change:I have decided to put the amps on a false bottom with a cover over them and a large plexi window in the cover to see them. Probably, eh maybe, be hinged at the back and actuators to lift without unwiring or unmounting the amps and also allows for a custom tool kit panel and etc to be underneath as well as a few goodies for the suspension later.

Fans mounted in the false bottom and holes in the plexi for ventilation or we might vent through back deck with a push fan and pull fan through dual existing 3.5" holes from a previous attempt at porting. Or another idea being knocked around is removing the stock taillights and license plate holder on the vertical face of the trunk lid , smoothing the surface over with sheet metal and bondo, frenching in the license plate and then two pockets with updraft vents to keep water out with two fans at the top of the vents one push one pull. I dunno you give me ur opinion. I think a custom trunk lid setup for actual use in the system will get some style points in competition.

Then match the sides by building another box on the passenger side ( only frame in picture). The driver side box is goin to house the battery below and the distros and fuses on top. The passenger side will hold secrets to be announced later and the processor on top.

Then the fun begins!!! All except the two side box vertical cover panels and and maybe some accent or trim pieces are getting GLASSED!!! Yep my whole trunk is getting glassed and so is the front between the seat and sub face. Gonna make it a solid face butted up to rear deck down to a slight curve that goes down to meet the seat bottom so I can take the seat off when showing and put the seat on to qualify for certain classes at comps and to cart the kids around. And yes I have a kill switch on my subs for when my 5 and 7 year holds are in the car so I don't blow them out!

Also we are removing the stock trunk lid hinges and arms and latch and going to use some kind of hold downs for now and make stands out of square tubing. Later new hinges and mini actuators salvaged from the original setup. Maybe hood pins? I need ideas here for the trunk lid fasteners that will hold them secure enough to not rattle as well as fasteners for the back panel of the sub box as it will be removeable and needs to hold the panel tight enough to seal the weather stripping and seal the box(its a sealed box). Cam locks, hood pins, bolts and t-nuts?
Any advice

I don't have much experience with any of that. Sorry friend. I mean I know how much you care about the looks, but one must first get the car to sound great, then looks can be enhanced from there. Is my only .02

They do make some sort of mechanical bolts that can be controlled by remote and they can raise/lower into nuts. I know I've heard of this, don't have a good example for you.

Update

I have deadened the trunk with two layers of fatmat, the trunk lids with three layers and under the back seat and sub face behind it with two layers, two more cans of foam have been dispersed and going to start sealing and deadening the doors this week as my four channel blew so might as well do the front stage wiring and construction as well while I wait on my four channel to come back in. This means a pillar pods for 1" tweets, vifa or selenium, and a pillar pods for 3" mids, and the doors built out to hold CDT 6.5 mids and my 8"s plus the wiring for all ran under the carpets. The carpets and seats and accent panels are all getting dyed black or blue, the hard plastic trim and dash and console are getting smoothed and either painted or wrapped in graphic vinyl. The inside of the trunk is still mostly planned as described earlier and will be getting started soon. As with any project it is ever evolving and changing.

I can't get pics to upload anyone know why

Here is two videos of the other day, I am running two runs of 1/0 execution audio tomorrow and finishing the shrink wrap on my wires and finding a home for the new air intake I had to buy to fit the wiring, circuit breakers, and bigger battery I have to build a tray for, then in two weeks more deadener and ccf over whole car and backs of every piece going in, and building out the trunk a little more, got fans for the amp rack that can blow leaves off the driveway when four are on, going in trunk so hope its sealed enough from the cabin to not hear lol, 2 push 2 pull

Pic 1 me

Pic 2 my sous chef wiring his hearing aids with 1/0 for more inner ear debeez

Pic 3 my son hunter

Pic 4 my son gage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.