2000 Ford Mustang Install Problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.Strike

I bought a Kenwood deck to go in a 2000 Mustang. I want to install it my self. I got every thing I needed, or so I thought. The guy at the Best Buy install bay said I had to bypass the factory amp. In the Mustang it has the deck with the tape player and the CD player as seperate units. The wire harness I have has two connections one black and one gray. Now, I do not know where to plug up the black harness. I unhooked the factory amp completly. Does anyone know where I can get an install guide specifically for a 2000 mustang with the premium sound package? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Mr.Strike I bought a Kenwood deck to go in a 2000 Mustang. I want to install it my self. I got every thing I needed, or so I thought. The guy at the Best Buy install bay said I had to bypass the factory amp. In the Mustang it has the deck with the tape player and the CD player as seperate units. The wire harness I have has two connections one black and one gray. Now, I do not know where to plug up the black harness. I unhooked the factory amp completly. Does anyone know where I can get an install guide specifically for a 2000 mustang with the premium sound package? Thanks in advance.
it's simple-----------one of your plugs should go to the speaker wires that WHERE after the factory amp -----as you have by-passed it. the other is just for power and most likly only fit one other plug--------if it fits more than one --- plug it in and test the wires for power with a voltmeter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.