Second battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

marcopolo
10+ year member

I am running 2 amps, 180W RMS each and I was considering installing a second battery in the trunk, becoz i wanna be able to play music for at least a couple of hours with the car off and dont wanna have problems with ignition when starting car.

I would like to keep the battery i have to "power the car" (lights, ...) and the other one just for all the music equipment, but the alternator would charge both of them. So, when the "music" battery would accidentaly run out, the "car" battery would still be o.k.

I would really appreciate any help with the installation OR if u could show me some wiring diagrams OR direct me to an existing thread about the same information.

Thanx 2 everybody in advance!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.