2000 Ford Mustang Install Problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.Strike

I bought a Kenwood deck to go in a 2000 Mustang. I want to install it my self. I got every thing I needed, or so I thought. The guy at the Best Buy install bay said I had to bypass the factory amp. In the Mustang it has the deck with the tape player and the CD player as seperate units. The wire harness I have has two connections one black and one gray. Now, I do not know where to plug up the black harness. I unhooked the factory amp completly. Does anyone know where I can get an install guide specifically for a 2000 mustang with the premium sound package? Thanks in advance.

Im' not sure how the new systems are. There are usually 2 types of factory amps for uses for their sound systems. Depending on which one you have you might be able to get adapters. If not you will have to chop the harness off the amp and hard wire it in. You can use a 9 volt battery to find each speaker. Take it to you local shop and see what they think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.