2000 Camry Build

In my near $5000 system, I used this for the subs:

Amazon product ASIN B00KMBL196
And this for the comps.

Amazon product ASIN B00EHOK5LE
It's great wire. OFC, silver plated, flexible, dual jackets, with a hardened plastic inner jacket, and it is reasonable too. You are just tossing money at the 14 gauge for the comps, really. it's also thicker and harder to work with, and no, it's not better because there is simply no benefit.

I'm at a dilemma. I don't know which tweeter will suit my needs. These are the two I'm pondering:

The HD-2 handles more power so it should be louder right?

The Hsd-1wg started life long ago as the Es-01 which was part of the 07 series (big money back in the days). This version is better all around and is an absolute steal at the price! The only thing in common to the es-01 is the concept but everything is changed. The tw26 isn’t even close as far as sound, efficiency, or power handling. Now if you meant to link the actual HD-2, this is a bit different. It’s a wideband driver and while you will sacrifice efficiency, it will shine in the midrange. The ES-02A is a better choice as it’s $25 more and far superior to the Hd-2. The top end is smooth but has just the right amount of sparkle with the midrange having solid depth that you wouldn’t think for a driver this small. I have 4 in my car sending them 150w rms to each and they eat it no problem. In my next setup I’ve been wanting to go with super tweeters for more output but it’s so hard to get away from these things , they sound that good 😅. When you are hitting mid 150+ db, you need power and extreme efficiency to keep up but these actually do in the current setup. Look at that I just talked myself into running them again in the next setup 🤣.

The Hsd-1wg started life long ago as the Es-01 which was part of the 07 series (big money back in the days). This version is better all around and is an absolute steal at the price! The only thing in common to the es-01 is the concept but everything is changed. The tw26 isn’t even close as far as sound, efficiency, or power handling. Now if you meant to link the actual HD-2, this is a bit different. It’s a wideband driver and while you will sacrifice efficiency, it will shine in the midrange. The ES-02A is a better choice as it’s $25 more and far superior to the Hd-2. The top end is smooth but has just the right amount of sparkle with the midrange having solid depth that you wouldn’t think for a driver this small. I have 4 in my car sending them 150w rms to each and they eat it no problem. In my next setup I’ve been wanting to go with super tweeters for more output but it’s so hard to get away from these things , they sound that good 😅. When you are hitting mid 150+ db, you need power and extreme efficiency to keep up but these actually do in the current setup. Look at that I just talked myself into running them again in the next setup 🤣.
Adding super tweeters to that tweeter setup would be blasphemous!!!

Adding super tweeters to that tweeter setup would be blasphemous!!!
Next setup I have 2 choices. I’ll build either 2 18’s that will weigh 110 pounds each with 4” coils that have a winding width of 4.17” or 3 15’s that will tip the scales around 60 pounds each with 3” coils. Both setups on 8k to bass and 2k for 4 midbass and tweeters per side. I think I’m definitely gonna go sealed cause I miss it 🥹

Next setup I have 2 choices. I’ll build either 2 18’s that will weigh 110 pounds each with 4” coils that have a winding width of 4.17” or 3 15’s that will tip the scales around 60 pounds each with 3” coils. Both setups on 8k to bass and 2k for 4 midbass and tweeters per side. I think I’m definitely gonna go sealed cause I miss it 🥹
I really do appreciate volume, but after getting these dual 33v2's stuffed into a 3.44 cubic foot box, double baffle, the sound is SOOOO good, not thinking that I'll ever do ported again. it's not like you can't get nice ported setups, all 5 of my HT subs are bass reflex, but these Focals 13's are really nice.

Where is your front sub mounted?
20231205_074421.jpg

In the footwell under my glove box on the passenger side

I still got some fiddling with the crossovers to do to get it dialed in more but it already makes a huge difference in the the lower midbass range

I still got some fiddling with the crossovers to do to get it dialed in more but it already makes a huge difference in the the lower midbass range

Does it need with your imaging at all being that your mids are crossed at 150? I would think low guitar notes or upper bass notes may get pulled to the right side?

Does it need with your imaging at all being that your mids are crossed at 150? I would think low guitar notes or upper bass notes may get pulled to the right side?
It's pulls slightly to the passenger side right now (nothing severe or distracting) but it's lp at 300 from the installation. I should have time this weekend. Once I bandpass it from roughly 60-180hz that shouldn't be an issue though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...