2 type r 12's or 2 kicker l7 12's

Neither are really SQ subs. I would imagine the Type R's will sound better either way, but neither of those subs want to be in a sealed box. Pick up the Type R's, then search around here for a box design for them(there's hundreds floating around). Build the box. Use the PB, just make sure your electrical can hack it.

none of the above...you are better off looking at some sa-12's they will end up being about the same price with much better results than the l7s or type r's

Those choices might seem like great bang for the buck but they really aren't. Most of your money goes toward marketing hype. Go with the SA's and you'll trounce all of your buddies using brands sold in your local audio shop.

i ran 4 type R 12's (1241) sealed years back in my 2000 gp.... was on a mmats dhcx2200.1. b4 i had 4 jl12w3v2 and swaped them out for some type R's. R's played a bit lower and bit louder to the ear.. just didnt take power very well.. had the jls on that same amp for well over a year and they were fine.

i would go another direction than the R's now days and l7's........

Thank you guys or rite now I can get 4 planetaudio 15's for 500 and two 1900 watt amps and caps and would a q logic box be good for the r's ported btw

I hope you realize thats way to much power to run on a stock charging system if those are 1900rms amps...and do you realize how much airspace 4 15s need? Upwards of 10-15cu ft....and anything in a prefab will not be anywhere near optimal for the sub

Well the 15's would go in a suburban facing upward with no back seats and I have extra batteries and caps but if I was to get the 4 15's I would only use two in my car or all 4 in the suburban. But what exactly is the big 3 because i hear it all the time but never know what it is?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.