• Participant list

Nsjabauanabagaoakddb3
10+ year member

Going on a IA mono 20.1

2 FI BL 12"s

slot, square port.

flush mounted.

what size port and box? - i though around a 6" wide port and 7 cubes

should i double baffle and triple baffle the sub mounting side?

or

is is bracing all i need?

if so...

what type of bracing?

max dimensions are (this is including the space i need for 3/4 mdf [take into mind the baffeling as it subtracts from the numbers even more]):

width (driver side to pass side) - 40

depth (ground to roof) - 23

length (headlights to tail lights) - 20

If you plan on giving them their RMS wattage, stick to 2.25ft^3 each with a tuning in the lower 30's. Overall volume before sub and port displacements will be about 6ft^3. You may or may not have to double up the mounting baffle, just depends on how you have everything laid out.

i put them in 7 cubes at 36 Hz. 6" wide port, triple baffled the mounting layer and doubled all the rest. its going to be a heavy ***** but solid. im going to skip on bracing because oh how my joints are set up. i think i will be fine with wood glue, pressure and a finish nailer. pm me your number and ill send you pics as i build it.

You put two strong 12s in a 7 cube box? Ripple city. Gonna sound like ish and be super boomy with an awful low end peak.

You put two strong 12s in a 7 cube box? Ripple city. Gonna sound like ish and be super boomy with an awful low end peak.
This. I personally wouldn't go over 4ft^3 for a pair. The thing that ***** about these low Q and Vas woofers is the need for a smaller box and a lot of power to get a decent response curve out of them while keeping output high. Granted, most people aren't looking for a smooth response if they're getting these kinds of subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.