2 broken subs?!?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Quiksilver
10+ year member

NJ
I seem to not have very good luck with subwoofers... why?!?!

ok first problem: Infinity Perfect 12.1, one of the wires that goes from the terminal to the cone has detached itself where it meets on the cone. I was told that I'm screwed, and have an awesome sub worth nothing... WTF, there has do be something to do about this?? any help?

second problem: DVC Type-R exactly the opposite has happened to this one. One of the wires has detached right where it meets the terminal.... How easy is it to be reattached, and what would cause it to detach in the first placE?? Also, the rubber surround is detaching from the cone....but I think that is the least of the worries for now.

Any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

MARC

at least the way i did, n most of ppl did i beleive is that you set the gain too high at a moderate level (let's say at volume 25/40). the gain is already high, but then u bump the music at ~30s so it sends a clipped signal n then u blow them.

this happens a lot when a store does the install cuz they dont' really know ur listening preferences.

but yeah, it aint fun blowing subs. n i think u can solder the wire of the terminals, but aint sure.

Originally posted by Quiksilver I seem to not have very good luck with subwoofers... why?!?!

ok first problem: Infinity Perfect 12.1, one of the wires that goes from the terminal to the cone has detached itself where it meets on the cone. I was told that I'm screwed, and have an awesome sub worth nothing... WTF, there has do be something to do about this?? any help?

second problem: DVC Type-R exactly the opposite has happened to this one. One of the wires has detached right where it meets the terminal.... How easy is it to be reattached, and what would cause it to detach in the first placE?? Also, the rubber surround is detaching from the cone....but I think that is the least of the worries for now.

Any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

MARC
If there is enough to work with I would try soldering the leads back together. The Type-R should be easier, just extend the lead and reconnect it to the terminal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.