1st truck box attempt - FREE box build

Some as low as $50 for a ryobi one. Then make a plwood top and fence extension for cutting up to 47" pieces Makes boxes alot easier when the pieces are the same size. also makes great angle cuts.
http://miami.craigslist.org/search/tls?query=table+saw&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max
I do just fine with my circular saw. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

No room for all that anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i agree with ls2. i love my circ saw. i made a few helpful tools for lining up cuts in 1/3 of the time. ive made about a total of 5 - 6 boxes over last 5 months. i did a box with 6 sides for a friend in his explorer to fit behind the 3rd row seating (small debth lots of angles). my circ saw has ability to angle cut up to 55 degrees. so really i can cut anything depending on my rip direction.

if you havnt made it already ls2 i suggest you do this.

get a long piece of wood. wider than the width of your saw. then take another piece of wood that will be equally as long or a little longer (you can cut off the excess) lay this one on top of the other piece of wood. glue it down. screw it down. make it a permenant bond. just make sure the piece on top of the first has a perfectly straight smooth edge. then when the jig has dried. put your circular saw on the bottum piece and have it ride against the top pieces edge and rip through the excess width of the first piece. tada you have a rip guide to however long you want to make it.

So now all you gota do is layout the lines of the cuts accurately then lay the rip guide flat against the line and clamp. you dont ever have to double measure for the width of your circular saw again

AND if you smart about your jig like i was. i made sure i had excess width on both the top and bottum boards so that when i flipped the rip guide over, i have the opposite rip direction width of my circular saw accounted for. =]

i love the my grandpa's wood working tips.

Hope this helps you or anyone else using circ saw.

i still think i will eventually get a table saw.

Mike-

Steady hand works for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
not for me so much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i agree with ls2. i love my circ saw. i made a few helpful tools for lining up cuts in 1/3 of the time. ive made about a total of 5 - 6 boxes over last 5 months. i did a box with 6 sides for a friend in his explorer to fit behind the 3rd row seating (small debth lots of angles). my circ saw has ability to angle cut up to 55 degrees. so really i can cut anything depending on my rip direction.
if you havnt made it already ls2 i suggest you do this.

get a long piece of wood. wider than the width of your saw. then take another piece of wood that will be equally as long or a little longer (you can cut off the excess) lay this one on top of the other piece of wood. glue it down. screw it down. make it a permenant bond. just make sure the piece on top of the first has a perfectly straight smooth edge. then when the jig has dried. put your circular saw on the bottum piece and have it ride against the top pieces edge and rip through the excess width of the first piece. tada you have a rip guide to however long you want to make it.

So now all you gota do is layout the lines of the cuts accurately then lay the rip guide flat against the line and clamp. you dont ever have to double measure for the width of your circular saw again

AND if you smart about your jig like i was. i made sure i had excess width on both the top and bottum boards so that when i flipped the rip guide over, i have the opposite rip direction width of my circular saw accounted for. =]

i love the my grandpa's wood working tips.

Hope this helps you or anyone else using circ saw.

i still think i will eventually get a table saw.

Mike-

What are the odds you took pics of this?

Id really like to see!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.