1st Gen Tundra Access Cab

BougieBum69

CarAudio.com Newbie
Cali
I haven't used the search feature yet, but anyone care to share some of their experiences with 1st Gen Tundras? I noticed the only stealth sub and speaker pod options are from Q Logic... so, while i have this truck, I was considering coming up with some designs that would be better drop-in plug-n-play bargain options. Has anyone gotten the resonant cabin frequency before and after deadening? Do you guys run coaxials upfront? Do you upgrade the components and keep the stock locations? Do you change the locations? Do you build midbass pods? Do you run any mids or highs in the rear at all? So many questions. Just looking to see what yall do with these trucks, and also looking to see what people want out of these trucks so that maybe I can work on a solution. I have my own plans with this vehicle, but before I go cutting it apart, I want to see if I can come up with some cool solutions for other access cab 1st gen Tundra owners

Thats pretty specific. Good luck. My suggestion is, stop with all the questions, and tell us your plans. Vehicles in general have a pretty standard layout, and especially pickups. What works for most pickups is probably going to be 90% applied to you.

What are your goals? budget? experience, plans. What do you have to work with. What are your stock speaker sizes and locations. What do you listen to, what more do you want. You asked a **** ton of questions, and unless someone comes along with a full build in that model, nobody can really help ANSWER THOSE.

While you are waiting on someone else to chime in on their past, tell us your future.

. I have my own plans with this vehicle, but before I go cutting it apart, I want to see if I can come up with some cool solutions for other access cab 1st gen Tundra owners
I honestly think that stock locations work great for 90% of the people. With today's DSPs, you can move the listening position anywhere you wish and make entry level speakers sound really good. Of course using those DSPs is an acquired skill with lots of trial and error, but not impossible. On what most seem agree is to start by sound deadening major panels. That would be a great jump off point. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...