My very 1st Subwoofer enclosure build

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. I was was going for that old Peavey Amp look, I believe that was the company. It's made of 3/4 MDF. I sealed it with a laquer based sanding sealer, put on 3 coats of filler primer and 3 coats of the purple base. All rustoleum 2x paint + primer. Then used the brush on to splatter. It took me 3 days to get up the nerve to do the splatter. Hahahaha

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
I did a black and white splatter paint box for a sundown 15 awhile back with an aeroport. I’ve always liked the look of splatter. I tried to talk him into color like yours, but he insisted on black and white. I tried to do a biohazard symbol with uranium green splatter and runs on top of dark grey, but I couldn’t talk him into it. Nice looking box you have.

Reactions: GoT_2B_BuMpN

Jimi77

Sep 17, 2017
Thanks. I was was going for that old Peavey Amp look, I believe that was the company. It's made of 3/4 MDF. I sealed it with a laquer based sanding sealer, put on 3 coats of filler primer and 3 coats of the purple base. All rustoleum 2x paint + primer. Then used the brush on to splatter. It took me 3 days to get up the nerve to do the splatter. Hahahaha
Came out nice.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
Thank you all. I am happy with the way it turned out...it was a lot of work. Sanding and spot putty and priming and painting...well worth it. So satisfying to do. I can't wait to build another one.

Deiimos

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 27, 2021
Looks great. (y)

First box I built was back in like 1999 for a pair of Rockford 8’s and it looked horrible, but I was like 13 and just wanted a box, lol. I built a bunch of boxes over the years, but never wanted to spend money on paint or carpet, so they never looked cool, always wanted to, but never did.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
Looks great. (y)

First box I built was back in like 1999 for a pair of Rockford 8’s and it looked horrible, but I was like 13 and just wanted a box, lol. I built a bunch of boxes over the years, but never wanted to spend money on paint or carpet, so they never looked cool, always wanted to, but never did.
Yea..I think I built one back in high school out of an old fiberboard cabinet. Was hand banged together with some roofing nails. I threw a couple 6x9 in it and I thought I was doing big business. HaHa. Oh the old days!!! They definitely make me laugh. But this was my first real box. I can't wait to build another one. I want to build one with plexiglass windows and kerfed port. I like the looks of them Gatley makes some serious boxes. I would love to have a business making sub enclosures and speaker pods.

Reactions: Deiimos

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads