1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Interesting. Could have tried the SHD in a sealed box, instead of selling the 5k and buying new stuff.
BTW, I saw that amp, and it's a lot smaller than it looked in the pictures. Adam is going to be running Shaun's SP4 on it, that he's buying from me
Post 319 man. I did run it sealed, for about a month. Lost almost no output versus that small ported box, but just wasn't happy with bandwidth. Selling the 5k wasn't only because the SHD left. I'm getting my back seat back too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, it's not huge. Not really small either though. Should drive that SP4 pretty well.

Post 319 man. I did run it sealed, for about a month. Lost almost no output versus that small ported box, but just wasn't happy with bandwidth. Selling the 5k wasn't only because the SHD left. I'm getting my back seat back too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah, it's not huge. Not really small either though. Should drive that SP4 pretty well.
Whoops, missed that. The Daytons should have some good bandwidth. Nice to have the back seat though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

It just looked bigger in your Blazer. If you were local, I'd definitely pay you to take pictures of some of my gear. Always top notch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Great news! The Ground Zero amps weren't damaged in the shipping mishap, and will be on their way to me tomorrow.

Here is a rough sketch of what the sub box/amp rack will look like. The SS REF2.370 is up above centered, the two GZ amps are down below. Wiring and everything else under the GZ amps.

SHD is sold! Ordered a pair of Dayton Audio HO 15's. Got them from Vertex Audio, they are cheaper than Parts Express and are awesome guys so make sure you order from there!

Ground Zero amps should be here Wednesday. I'm actually really excited for those.

Still open to ideas for the amp rack.

Spent half my night of work reading this thread. Didn't notice til later half of it was from 2013. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ah well, amazing work man. I miss car audio sometimes but it's expensive and I always wanted to try a new setup after a month or so.

Any progress on the newest build?

Spent half my night of work reading this thread. Didn't notice til later half of it was from 2013. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ah well, amazing work man. I miss car audio sometimes but it's expensive and I always wanted to try a new setup after a month or so.
Any progress on the newest build?
Hmmm, guess I never updated my build logs with the short review: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-reviews/616676-ground-zero-gzha-2400xii-4200xii-review.html#post8702994

Other than that, nothing. I'm in Japan right now, so definitely no progress until I get back. Also ordered the HOs and waiting on those.

Hmmm, guess I never updated my build logs with the short review: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-reviews/616676-ground-zero-gzha-2400xii-4200xii-review.html#post8702994
Other than that, nothing. I'm in Japan right now, so definitely no progress until I get back. Also ordered the HOs and waiting on those.
Nice looking amps. I remember when the subwoofers were getting a lot of attention a few years back, but they were pretty hard to get in the US at the time, I think.

Always heard good things about the Daytons for SQL. Seems like that will be right up your alley.

I'll check back on your build next time I venture on CA.com... I don't come around much but do enjoy seeing logs like this.

Nice looking amps. I remember when the subwoofers were getting a lot of attention a few years back, but they were pretty hard to get in the US at the time, I think.
Always heard good things about the Daytons for SQL. Seems like that will be right up your alley.

I'll check back on your build next time I venture on CA.com... I don't come around much but do enjoy seeing logs like this.
The amps really do look nice, I'm excited to see how they perform. I've only heard good things about how the Dayton's sound. Also heard a couple QC issues, but they have a good warranty so I'm not worried. Sounds good though, I try to keep this updated but I think I focus more on it on DIYMA or really any of the other big forums.

I think I have all materials now, so that's good. Chopped off the top, cut things a bit more. Fitted the front wall and glued that in.

Here's what it will look like.

Going to just screw down the bottom amp board. All wiring and everything is going to be beneath that so I need access to it.

Also made the shelf for the SS above the GZ's, but I'll wait until that's mounted to show.

Also also, I'm not caring a whole lot about how this looks, because this might all be temporary. Not sure how long this car is going to last. Going to drive it until I can't though.

Got a bunch more done today. Dry mockup without amps:

Dry mockup with amps:

Going to be drilling holes through the dowels and running the wires up through there. Kinda nervous about that shelf holding the amp to be honest, but a lot of glue, and I have 4 screws each side from the back. Should be ok. I guess I'll find out if it doesn't lol.

Subs will be on their way this week I hope. Shooting for install over the long weekend.

Well, I just fucked it all up! Lol. Well, mostly. I guess I was going too fast drilling through the dowels and the holes are all uneven and the wood is all split around the holes. Blecht. But, this is what I'm doing. I'll be making cuts on the board behind the GZ amps to run everything up.

Also glued on the shelf and the two sub baffles. Should be ready for stain after a couple more cuts and a quick edge routing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.